This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think PS4 will still have free online play?

#11hockeybub89Posted 12/1/2012 1:20:53 PM
Playstation Plus and Xbox Live Gold are entirely different services. I don't think Plus is evidence of mandatory online fees in the future. It may happen, but that has nothing to do with it.

I think the ideal model would be to have free online and then have an option premium package (cross-game chat, auto download, premium servers, etc). That way, Sony and Microsoft can make all the money they want without coming off as giant dbags. Yeah, it is legal to be a greedy heartless corporation, but it doesn't mean you have to crap on the face of your consumers to prove your heartlessness either.
---
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/NIR_Hockey.png
http://www.last.fm/user/hockeybub89/ Bears Beets Battlestar Galactica
#12PhoenixmgsPosted 12/1/2012 1:29:30 PM
DisturbedIcon posted...
I can see Sony doing it. Why not? They're a company out to make a profit for investors.

They likely see Microsoft raking in all that Xbox Live Gold money and figure they can do it too.

Come on do people really believe major corporations do things out of the kindness of their heart? They started this gen with a free online service, they didn't want to risk the backlash of then forcing people to pay to play. They introduced PS+ as a sign of what's to come, to get people into it. And PS+ seems like an awesome service as well that I'm probably going to get next year.

Sony is not providing the service of online gaming to the consumer so why would they charge for it? It doesn't cost Sony money when you play online, Sony isn't handing out anything for free. Xbots are just dumb enough to pay Microsoft money for literally no reason. They think their online experience is better (COD on PS3 and 360 is the same with regards to how the online functions).
---
"Half of writing history is hiding the truth" - Malcolm Reynolds - Serenity