This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

O man I looooooooooove JRPGs!

#1Jx1010Posted 12/1/2012 5:41:42 PM
I just got Record of Agarest War 2 for PS3 is like playing those old JRPGs from back in the day :)

It feels soooo good to play it and such a fresh change from the overabundance of shooters this gen, so glad I got this game.

Cant believe games like Atelier Totori, Rune Factory, Eternal Sonata, Hyperdimension Neptunia have made JRPGs look bad with their cute loli style, JRPGs are not all like that and this game sure isnt.
---
''\__/''
l='_'=l
#2lambchipsPosted 12/1/2012 5:42:14 PM
you'll love this
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/573261866/pier-solar-hd-an-rpg-for-xbox360-pc-mac-linux-and
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#3darkmaian23Posted 12/1/2012 5:46:04 PM
If you have a PS3 and like JRPGs, you should play Tales of Graces immediately.
#4shawnmckPosted 12/1/2012 5:50:17 PM
I personally do not like JRPG's at all, but what I do like is gamers that have fun & enjoy the games within their respective genre of choice.
The fact that you can still find plenty of good JRPG's is an indication to me that the industry is still healthy & thriving, and I'm glad that you are finding & enjoying the games you like.

Everyone has their own preferences, and its beneficial to everyone to acknowledge this and be grateful for an industry so varied and diversified.
Hopefully everyone can learn to accept that there will always be gamers who's tastes run into different genres and be accepting of those genres.
I respect other gamers who enjoy different genres and I hope you have the same respect for me, even if you don't like the same genres I do.

Best of luck to you, and I hope you continue to find the games (JRPG's) that you will enjoy.
As long as you like them, who cares if someone else doesn't. As long as we can respect each-others choices, that's all that matters.
:)
#5Jx1010(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 5:55:17 PM
shawnmck posted...
I personally do not like JRPG's at all, but what I do like is gamers that have fun & enjoy the games within their respective genre of choice.
The fact that you can still find plenty of good JRPG's is an indication to me that the industry is still healthy & thriving, and I'm glad that you are finding & enjoying the games you like.

Everyone has their own preferences, and its beneficial to everyone to acknowledge this and be grateful for an industry so varied and diversified.
Hopefully everyone can learn to accept that there will always be gamers who's tastes run into different genres and be accepting of those genres.
I respect other gamers who enjoy different genres and I hope you have the same respect for me, even if you don't like the same genres I do.

Best of luck to you, and I hope you continue to find the games (JRPG's) that you will enjoy.
As long as you like them, who cares if someone else doesn't. As long as we can respect each-others choices, that's all that matters.

Amen
---
''\__/''
l='_'=l
#6ScreamingMidgetPosted 12/1/2012 6:05:10 PM
shawnmck posted...

This does not belong on gamefaqs, man!
#7drGigglessPosted 12/1/2012 6:11:19 PM
TC has mastered the art of subtle trolling. Every person who has responded so far has taken him seriously.
#8SayoriaPosted 12/1/2012 6:12:57 PM
Atelier Totori? Guess someone hasn't actually played it.
---
Sailor Moon returns 2013! O_o
#9Jx1010(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 6:17:47 PM(edited)
drGiggless posted...
TC has mastered the art of subtle trolling. Every person who has responded so far has taken him seriously.

I am not trolling, however you are.

I like the old style of JRPGs and their stories,
not some of the new ones with full cast of females, cute loli style like Neptunia and surely NOT like the ''new'' Final Fantasy 13 games

An update in graphics is all JRPGs need, their gameplay and style is already great

---
''\__/''
l='_'=l
#10BIGFELLAH26Posted 12/1/2012 6:33:48 PM
shawnmck posted...

How dare you give a fair and logical response with no trolling in it. You're not a child and don't belong here. You're too smart to be on gamefaqs so get lost.

Seriously I agree with your comment but unfortunately gamefaqers don't think like you. I wish they did though.
---
"Cause they are going back to give it a 3 so you guys can french-kiss each other in victory all night" CrimsonGear80.