This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

O man I looooooooooove JRPGs!

#11xxcheexxPosted 12/1/2012 5:48:50 PM
shawnmck posted...
I personally do not like JRPG's at all, but what I do like is gamers that have fun & enjoy the games within their respective genre of choice.
The fact that you can still find plenty of good JRPG's is an indication to me that the industry is still healthy & thriving, and I'm glad that you are finding & enjoying the games you like.

Everyone has their own preferences, and its beneficial to everyone to acknowledge this and be grateful for an industry so varied and diversified.
Hopefully everyone can learn to accept that there will always be gamers who's tastes run into different genres and be accepting of those genres.
I respect other gamers who enjoy different genres and I hope you have the same respect for me, even if you don't like the same genres I do.

Best of luck to you, and I hope you continue to find the games (JRPG's) that you will enjoy.
As long as you like them, who cares if someone else doesn't. As long as we can respect each-others choices, that's all that matters.
:)

Holy...is this real? Am I dreaming? *tips hat to you*
---
If it's all civilized, you're doing it wrong.
- xsolstice -
#12AlltraPosted 12/1/2012 5:55:13 PM
Yet for all their diversity, there are very few if any that appeal me to this generation. The stuff that I loved from previous gens is very noticeably absent currently. Be it on handhelds or consoles, PS3 or Wii, there just aren't many of them out there.
---
Saying something has "Charm" is just a cute way of saying it's lighthearted and kiddy.
#13Guts_LeonheartPosted 12/1/2012 5:56:03 PM
Jx1010 posted...
Cant believe games like Atelier Totori, Rune Factory, Eternal Sonata, Hyperdimension Neptunia have made JRPGs look bad with their cute loli style, JRPGs are not all like that and this game sure isnt.

Look bad? Its only people who associate it with pedos who make it look bad, what is wrong with liking cute things? Do you find it threatening to your masculinity? Is it some kind of American cultural phenomenon? Atelier Totori is a master piece.
#14AlltraPosted 12/1/2012 6:07:15 PM(edited)
There's nothing wrong with "Cute" things. If it were only that, it wouldn't be an issue. It's when they play "Pretty Pretty Princess Dress Up Doll", or throw down a ton of fanservice, or make the characters look like sexualized little girls that I take offense.

You really can't argue that these "Lolipedo" games don't make their characters look like they're trying to appeal to people with a schoolgirl fetish, or a fetish for really young looking girls. You can't be that blind.

...or maybe you can...I mean I've seen you people defend it all the time saying crap like "They're 18" or "They don't look like little girls", which is a bunch of BS. If anything you come off to me like a bunch of apologists or like you're trying to reassure yourself about liking these games.
---
Saying something has "Charm" is just a cute way of saying it's lighthearted and kiddy.
#15Jx1010(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 7:19:10 PM(edited)
Guts_Leonheart posted...
Look bad? Its only people who associate it with pedos who make it look bad, what is wrong with liking cute things? Do you find it threatening to your masculinity? Is it some kind of American cultural phenomenon? Atelier Totori is a master piece.

lol threat to my masculity,
Are strong, righteous masculine males in JRPGs a threat to ur femininity ?

---
''\__/''
l='_'=l
#16MindGamingMantiPosted 12/1/2012 7:26:40 PM
How dare you give a fair and logical response with no trolling in it. You're not a child and don't belong here. You're too smart to be on gamefaqs so get lost.

Seriously I agree with your comment but unfortunately gamefaqers don't think like you. I wish they did though.

NeoGAF.
---
"Life is a mistake that only art can correct."
#17Pawkie07Posted 12/1/2012 7:27:31 PM
Motsu posted...
Atelier Totori? Guess someone hasn't actually played it.

For Real! Totori was quite enjoyable.
#18Jx1010(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 7:59:24 PM
Pawkie07 posted...
Motsu posted...
Atelier Totori? Guess someone hasn't actually played it.

For Real! Totori was quite enjoyable.

is it good?
---
''\__/''
l='_'=l
#19glory of power metalPosted 12/2/2012 8:31:57 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]