This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

David Jaffe teases his next top secret project. flower/journey daddy involved

#31mad_hax_manPosted 12/2/2012 1:06:31 AM
velvet_hammer posted...

GoW1 had a great story for a video game at its time.. he created a lot of GoW in his head so idk what to tell ya man.. you take things to literal, he even came out and said after that video games do need storys but they do get in the way of other things in some games..

From what I gather, his main problem isn't VG trying to tell stories, more VG companies trying to tell stories in the same way films do- overly long cutscenes and overly long prescripted events, as opposed to using gameplay to tell the story and allowing the player to be a co author

Its the idea of this author controlled story that he thinks doesn't work in VG
---
"Hey bridesmaid, love the beard! Give's me something to hang onto!!"- Lord Flasheart
#32velvet_hammer(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 1:09:51 AM
mad_hax_man posted...
velvet_hammer posted...

GoW1 had a great story for a video game at its time.. he created a lot of GoW in his head so idk what to tell ya man.. you take things to literal, he even came out and said after that video games do need storys but they do get in the way of other things in some games..

From what I gather, his main problem isn't VG trying to tell stories, more VG companies trying to tell stories in the same way films do- overly long cutscenes and overly long prescripted events, as opposed to using gameplay to tell the story and allowing the player to be a co author

Its the idea of this author controlled story that he thinks doesn't work in VG

i was trying to explain this to poor country but he just hates jaffe so its w/e
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#33Gigahart_gaylorPosted 12/2/2012 2:44:20 AM
riddlebox89 posted...
Sophistication posted...
You are so beat it's scary... and I'm on my phone. I can assure you any typo is due to that -- not myself. Again, trying to pull those straws and coming uo way short.

You are so lost you might wanna start hanging posters

And? What a garbage excuse, a sophisticated person would make sure every word is spelled properly no matter what they're typing on, also typos are due to you and not your phone, if you don't pay enough attention to see a typo, that's not your phones fault.

Kid you haven't made a single valid post since your handicapped ass turned up here.

Stop quoting Sophistication! I almost forgot about him.
---
Breaking Bad, great show or greatest show?
NeverDead: The worst game of this gen.
#34jammitinPosted 12/2/2012 4:44:27 AM
He should get over this "I'm going to create small games, because I'm a hipster to all AAA games" mentality now. His last hit was 8 years ago and that was GOW of course.
---
Waiting for Bioshock Infinite
#35MuintirPosted 12/2/2012 6:14:52 AM
riddlebox89 posted...
Sophistication posted...
Your feeble mind certainly proceeds you... wow... just wow... you certainly wasn't around in the days of psx. Because... before it was called ps1 or psone it as psx. They even had a mag named after it.

Smb not classic? Not good? I shouldn't even comment any further... pathetic unsophisticated weed.

PSX was its unofficial title, keyword here, unofficial, as in, it is irrelevant as it was never an official title, therefor, the PSX is a PS2 based DVR device and the PS1 is the first Playstation.

Lol at thinking naming a magazine after something means anything.

Did I say it wasn't good? No, I said it wasn't fantastic, but hey, I forgive you because apparently, sophisticated people can't read worth horse s***.

this is how you can tell the difference between people who grew up with the psx and people who just read about it.
---
http://i44.tinypic.com/b8jncy.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/r29m5f.jpg