This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any hardcore RPG'ers that actually like Call of Duty?

#1BissomoneybagsPosted 12/1/2012 9:03:07 PM
Been playing Final Fantasy, Dark Cloud, etc... and just recently tried out Modern Warfare 3. Gotta say that the online is becoming addicting the more and more I play it. Any people who play RPG's like first person shooters like COD or BF3?
#2servb0tsPosted 12/1/2012 9:05:31 PM
I wish I could get into FPS, but prefer TPS. FPS give me First Person Headaches after 30 minutes of gameplay. I can tolerate FPV in driving games lol.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3
-PS3 FFXIV ARR 2.0 Day 1 Buy I can't wait to maxout Summoner
#3Evel138Posted 12/1/2012 9:11:07 PM
"Hardcore"? 30+ year fan of the RPG probably qualifies me as such......./shrug..........

The couple CoDs I've played were pretty fun, so sure......I like CoD just fine.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Mad Moxxi
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=evel138#/d5g9oo0
#4DocDeliciousPosted 12/1/2012 9:11:20 PM
I'm not particularly proud of it but I have to admit that I do enjoy playing a few MP rounds of Brofist Shooter 9. And yes, I'm primarily an RPG/Grind-Game player with a few TPS/Adventure games on the side.
---
Playing - Borderlands 2, Hitman Absolution, Vanquish, MGS HD Col, Resonance of Fate, Monster Hunter FU, Demon's Souls, Shadows of the Damned
PSN: DocDelicious
#5peter_888Posted 12/1/2012 9:12:57 PM(edited)
I .... like it.
I don't hate it and I find them fun from occasion.
There are other fps that I like better than COD but it still pretty fun by itself.
---
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.
#6AstroshakPosted 12/1/2012 9:56:44 PM
I dislike the FPS genre, personally, so while I have not played any CoD games, I am predisposed towards disliking them.
#7TheTrueNubPosted 12/1/2012 10:04:01 PM
I don't get hyped out and purchase them on day 1, but I do think they're fun games.

I do loves me some Halo and Gears of War though.
---
Keep calm and hee-ho
http://i.imgur.com/8JzkT.png
#8echa_OnePosted 12/1/2012 10:50:17 PM
Not me. I get headache whenever I play first-person view.
---
3 things I dislike before a game release:
The wait, the haters and the trolls
#9ExpelDiasFlacPosted 12/2/2012 9:04:59 AM
I don't like Call of Duty and most FPS. The only FPS I really liked was BioShock 1.
#10manjiPosted 12/2/2012 9:18:56 AM
i actually prefer battlefield series because of the larger, destructible environments and vehicles, but call of duty is fast paced fun.

my favorite types of games are slow paced, turn based, fantasy, dungeon crawlers like wizardry or fallout, but i like mostly all games and if it's fun, i'll play it.

i bought black ops 2 for wii u and recently finished getting the assault shield master calling card. the shield kind of makes me think of RPG because i get a golden shield. it's cool :)