This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any hardcore RPG'ers that actually like Call of Duty?

#11badboyPosted 12/2/2012 9:20:42 AM
I honestly despise these multiplayer shooters but one of my friends who used to be a huge fan of FF is addicted to CoD.
#12AXKSIONPosted 12/2/2012 9:27:30 AM
The popularity of Cawadoofy is directly influencing the quantity and quality of RPGs decline.

So, you RPG fans that also support shooter trash, you are shooting yourself, and all of us RPG fans, in the foot.
---
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/Nintendo.png http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/SMRPG.jpg
#13KojaxFXPosted 12/2/2012 9:31:08 AM
Well idk what you qualify as hardcore, but I have been playing RPG since PS1 (when i got into video games) But I always play JRPG and western rpg games that are good like (ME). I really enjoy CoD its a fun pace where you can jump in and have fun.
#14TivorPosted 12/2/2012 9:47:52 AM
I don't know about "hardcore," but I'm definitely a "long-time" RPG'er, considering I've been playing RPGs since the Ultima III days on Apple II.

And yes, I do enjoy going online with my friends and playing MW2 or 3. I hate playing FPS solo though. I enjoy having the teamwork with my friends, and the leveling and customizing aspect of MW2/3 is great too. In a way, it's like playing MMORPG PvP with FPS skin, if that makes any sense.
---
Vin Scully, Herge, Arakawa Hiromu, Mori Kaoru, Steve Jobs, Miyazaki Hayao, Walt Disney, Depeche Mode, Shin Hae-chul, John Stockton. RESPECT.
#15kel25Posted 12/2/2012 9:48:11 AM
I think the campaigns for the games are decent (way too short) but I find the online play to be dull. I've never been a big fan of competitive play and I grew sick of the same old deathmatch, team deathmatch, and CTF modes years ago. The lack of story in these modes doesn't help either.

In the end I like the games but there is no way I will pay $60 for one. They are bargain bin buys for me and 1 or 2 of them, per generation, are more than enough for me. The last one I bought was MW2.
#16HOTJaVaLaVaPosted 12/2/2012 9:50:58 AM
To be honest, I only really play RPGs and CoD. I mainly play RPGs (turn-based and RPGs, not those games like Dark Souls. Too bad the JRPG department is lacking after a great string on the PS2........), but I will play CoD because it's a game I can enjoy with my friends. We are all addicted to zombies and occasionally play mulitplayer. I never touch the campaign or play the game by myself though.
---
"The eyes are the groin of the head."
-Dwight Schrute, from the TV show The Office