This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What setting you play on, easy medium hard...

#101THEB0SS666Posted 12/2/2012 8:39:29 AM
Hard for shooters and action games. If it's an rpg then normal difficulty. Because they will turn into some bull**** at times
---
dell xps 7100 overclocked 2gb gtx 650 8gb ram amd phenom x6 1045t 3.2ghz 1.5tbhdd
I Want Dat Kool-Aid
#102GasmanOAVPosted 12/2/2012 8:42:19 AM
I usually start with the normal mode. If there is a trophy for hard I will try that. If I have trouble continuing I will set it to an easier mode.

It's nice to have a choice. That way people that want to play harder modes can and people that aren't as skilled can still complete the game or story.
---
I'm not afraid to die. I just don't want it to be today.
#103DentalflossbushPosted 12/2/2012 8:44:59 AM
always hard....it may take a while to get good but when you past it, you'll actually be really good
#104AzurexNightmarePosted 12/2/2012 8:45:51 AM
LifeOfSyn posted...
For first playthrough, always Easy. Story is my most important factor in a game.

epic fail
---
PS3, Vita, 3DS. PSN: xLionhartx
#105BikeaLossPosted 12/2/2012 8:51:38 AM
Kaldrenthebold posted...
Sophistication posted...
I always play on easy because there is zero reason to play on normal or hard... the game is the game and I like to experience it without the cheap deaths and repeated attempts to kill 60 people in order to advance to the next area. And what would you replay a game made today for? The classics, smb, donkey kong, pacman, galaga... yes... I can see replaying those again and again. But uncharted 3, killzone, cod, final fantasy 50, mgs4... who wants to experience them once let alone multiple times?

This....this post is a very bad post.

May be extremely bad, but this post represents majority and developers' thoughts.
#106ZephyriuumPosted 12/2/2012 9:02:35 AM
I usually play on Normal(medium), if the game is good, i replay it on hard, especially if it has NG+(Tales of Vesperia comes to mind), if the games is TOO hard i put it on easy, sometimes, a easy mode on Dark Souls wuld be nice, specially at the beginning, the only reason why this game is hard is because it starts hard, while other games only gets harder towards the end
---
Remember dearie, "All magic comes with a price"
#107SilverSwiftPosted 12/2/2012 9:05:07 AM
Invariably I tend to opt for hard. I don't really understand why - even if there's no difficulty, I usually go for a self-imposed challenge when playing through the game, frequently involving variety and utilising all options. Maybe it's an ego thing? Who knows.

AzurexNightmare posted...
LifeOfSyn posted...
For first playthrough, always Easy. Story is my most important factor in a game.

epic fail

I disagree, people who play through games for story purposes deserve a lot of respect, particularly in this gaming era of crazy reflexes and extremely fast pacing.
#108Godly_GoofPosted 12/2/2012 9:18:36 AM
I generally play on default for the first playthrough and then scale it up after I beat it once usually to hardest difficulty and beat it again. Although sometimes easier said than done. Nocturne's random first mob you fight that can wipe you out in like 1 turn on hardest difficulty for example >.>
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#109NightsOwlPosted 12/2/2012 9:19:20 AM
Depends on the Genre. Mostly hard though.
---
Not changing my signature until Breath of Fire VI or EBA2/Ouendan3 is announced.
People with Waifus need Laifus.
#110DarknessXSeekerPosted 12/2/2012 9:23:11 AM
When I first get a game I play on easy just to have fun and enjoy the game, then after I beat it I play on the hardest difficulty.
---
"You're gonna get shown the door, old man."