This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What setting you play on, easy medium hard...

#31GensokyoPosted 12/2/2012 1:31:12 AM
I usually start with normal, and then increase the difficulty one step for each subsequent playthrough until I've beaten the hardest difficulty.
#32hinoatashiPosted 12/2/2012 1:41:43 AM
I go with the second highest difficulty if there is more than 3 (the Easy, Normal, Hard). Otherwise, I choose hard because I find games on normal to be too easy most of the time. I feel that, without the computer having some sort of advantage, I just go through the game in no time flat.
---
Jesus's Resurrection skill has a 72 hour cooldown - ThyCorndog
#33MunchkinatorPosted 12/2/2012 1:46:46 AM
Honestly? Easy. I find that as I get a bit older my gaming skills haven't exactly gone up, and either way there are SO MANY good games to play that I don't see a huge point in artificially lengthening whatever I happen to be playing at the time by going to Hard and dealing with every enemy having 20x health and damage - generally speaking it's just artificial difficulty rather than anything legitimately interesting.
---
Wherever Poppy is, you want to be away from that side of the map - Guardsman Bob
#34ExalizerPosted 12/2/2012 1:57:13 AM
Recommended. If the game says something like "this is the way it's meant to be played", I'll choose that one.
---
http://images.wikia.com/timesplitters/images/5/5f/UndeadPriest.jpg
"Always one step ahead."
#35Guts_LeonheartPosted 12/2/2012 2:16:55 AM
I like to do a normal run then if it has a trophy do it on hard/insane or whatever its called.
#36Cvdf3Posted 12/2/2012 2:19:11 AM
Usually hard. I don't know, at this point most games that are coming out haven't been peeking my interest. If I get a game I would like it to last, even if that means I only play for an hour or two in a day and only beat one level. If it's a game I liked, I would rather slowly make my way through it than be bored wishing for another good game to come out.
---
If you build your shop in front of an arrow trap, sometimes you are going to get shot by an arrow.
#37firedraco2Posted 12/2/2012 2:23:42 AM
Medium/Normal usually...sometimes I'll pick Hard for the lolz though.
---
Well when I asked this one cute girl out during lunch, I got laughed at because I was wearing this ridiculous cape called the Ebisu Rainment. -NeoseekerDarkKn
#38rikusora50Posted 12/2/2012 2:26:01 AM
Always go with the hardest one. Crank that mess from the start!
---
When pointing a gun at Kevin Mask's head, don't count to 3, count to 10. That way, you get to live 7 seconds longer.-smithkakarot
#39Gigahart_gaylorPosted 12/2/2012 2:29:59 AM
I start on the hardest difficulty unless the hardest needs to be unlocked, in which case I play the easiest difficulty that unlocks hardest, and do hardest on my second playthrough. I hate it when developers do this.
---
Breaking Bad, great show or greatest show?
NeverDead: The worst game of this gen.
#40StephieGamerPosted 12/2/2012 2:32:20 AM
LifeOfSyn posted...
For first playthrough, always Easy. Story is my most important factor in a game.

Me too. I just want to have fun and not get frustrated.
---
My name's Reggie. I'm about kickin' ass. I'm about takin' names. And we're about makin' games.