This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the Best looking Sandbox/Open World game this Gen?

#41true_gamer80Posted 12/3/2012 12:48:18 PM
Easily GTA4 still. While some others are better looking....Im more impressed with a living, breathing busy city thn settings that are far less "alive" populated, dense, barren etc. GTA4 is just huge and every inch of it is packed, you cant say the same or on the level n scope of a open world city thn GTA4.

FUEL also impressed me on a technical level...graphics may not be amazing but you can take every single games world mentioned in this topic, combine thm and still not as big of a world as FUEL has. Very impressive and holds record for largest gaming world that doesnt randomly generate anything at all.
---
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8ua89wKwDA&feature=related
#42BigSaltyDookiePosted 12/3/2012 1:00:21 PM
Easily Red Dead Redemption.. especially the 360 version (I have and play both). The landscapes in that game are just gorgeous. Not many games actually have wowed me as much as RDR has. I easily find myself getting lost in the beauty of that game quite bit whenever I play it.

The Assassin's Creed games are up there too. All of them have looked damn good and I don't think they get enough credit for their visuals.
#43Devilman_AmonPosted 12/3/2012 1:01:57 PM
true_gamer80 posted...
Easily GTA4 still. While some others are better looking....Im more impressed with a living, breathing busy city .

Sleeping Dogs is more alive than GTAIV.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#44Video_Game_CzarPosted 12/3/2012 1:04:07 PM
How in the hell do you start a topic about the best looking sandbox/open world game and not have Just Cause 2?!? How?

You have Fallout 3...Which is god awful looking, Mafia II...Yeah...But no Just Cause 2?
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar
#45true_gamer80Posted 12/3/2012 11:50:28 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
true_gamer80 posted...
Easily GTA4 still. While some others are better looking....Im more impressed with a living, breathing busy city .

Sleeping Dogs is more alive than GTAIV.

are you kidding me....its nowhere near the scope or magnitude of gta4...come on...its a good game but its world is lacking bigtime compared to gta4....its not even close and ubsurd to say it is
---
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8ua89wKwDA&feature=related
#46zUkUuPosted 12/3/2012 11:53:18 PM
lol at not including Far Cry 3?!