This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do the Tale's of games get so much praise???? They only like five good games

#11JahkeemyorkPosted 12/2/2012 2:03:09 AM
They got boring and repetetive really fast now, before Tales were great because when they came out they were pretty rare. RPGs with a very action take on it.

However they've used that exact same formula in all their games with the usual change in how you get SP or something. Tales of Abyss was the only game that really changed up the system with the arte skills. THAT was cool but Vesp, Xil, Graces barely did anything. Graces was a bit more fast pace but the story was very boring. Well I lied Xil did add the new duel mechanic but it still plays the same.

I hate to bring up Final Fantasy in the mix, but even though I don't like XIII or XII that much they did always bring up new mechanics.

VII had the Materia system for equipping magic instead of just obtaining it.
VIII Had the Draw system, and more ATBish mechanic, and a card game system
IX was meant to be a throwback to classic Final Fantasy a new card game system
X had playable summons, blitzball, more random mini-games
X-2 had real ATB X-2 was really fun (Though realy bad plot) and brought back class changing.
XII is a really open world, more action oriented with a whole new system implemented.(Too bad the game itself was boring)
and XIII same as XII, a new overhaul to the systme which was good but the hallways and story and characters were just UGH.

Kingdom Hearts also always switched up the mechanics in every one of their games strongly.

Quite honestly I think it's just a Namco Bandai thing, a lot of their games rarely face changes the only one I can think of that did was Ace Combat Assault Horizon everything else just retains to the same old formula over and over. I think they're just afraid of change cause whenever Sega, Capcom, Square-Enix ect do it they get hassled for it.
#12IChangedMyNamePosted 12/2/2012 2:07:24 AM
OtakuGamera posted...
i wonder how many of those 15 you've actually played

tales of phantasia, tales of eternia, tales of destiny, tales of legendia, tales of symphonia are all great games

This, I bet he hasn't even finished the ones he mentioned himself.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#13piamariePosted 12/2/2012 2:11:18 AM
Dantechan posted...
80/80

They're like what, 15+ tales games out there?

The only good ones imo are Vesperia, Abyss, graces f, Xillia 1 and Xillia 2. Every other game was mediocre..

People have better taste than you.
#14Gigahart_gaylorPosted 12/2/2012 2:21:21 AM
Dantechan posted...
OtakuGamera posted...

tales of phantasia, tales of eternia, tales of destiny, tales of legendia, tales of symphonia are all great games

I played all of them except of the psp spin-off games. Seriously phantasia, innocence, destiny 1 and 2, were all mediocre games to me. Legendia was down right horrible.

I hated symphonia but loved dawn of the new world.

What you didn't like my opinion so you just assumed that I never played them?

You hated Symphonia, but... *vomits* LOVED Dawn of the New World? I don't even know what to say to you right now. More power to you I guess.
---
Breaking Bad, great show or greatest show?
NeverDead: The worst game of this gen.
#15warrenmatsPosted 12/2/2012 3:06:25 AM
Gigahart_gaylor posted...
Dantechan posted...
OtakuGamera posted...

I played all of them except of the psp spin-off games. Seriously phantasia, innocence, destiny 1 and 2, were all mediocre games to me. Legendia was down right horrible.

I hated symphonia but loved dawn of the new world.

What you didn't like my opinion so you just assumed that I never played them?

You hated Symphonia, but... *vomits* LOVED Dawn of the New World? I don't even know what to say to you right now. More power to you I guess.

I never knew why everyone hated dawn of the New World. It wasn't that bad...
---
:D
#16KaiserLeoPosted 12/2/2012 4:26:05 AM
Star Ocean Till The End of Time is the only good game from both the Tales series and the true heirs to Phantasia.
---
I hate thongs, both kinds.
#17SayoriaPosted 12/2/2012 4:28:25 AM
Xillia 2 is one of the best, yet you never played it, and Xillia 1 is one of the best, yet I hear nothing but bad about it. Really, what?
---
Sailor Moon returns 2013! O_o
#18DragoonGriffithPosted 12/2/2012 4:28:28 AM
Someone hasn't played Rebirth, Destiny R and Hearts.

And Phantasia was pretty good for its time.
---
"waiting for a Tales game is like waiting for an organ donor"