This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Kingdom Hearts III or Final Fantasy Versus XIII?

#61theofficefan99Posted 12/2/2012 7:04:06 PM
art_of_the_kill posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
And it most certainly will not have a story, cast of characters, or dialogue that is on the same caliber as that of Final Fantasy Versus XIII.

But that won't exactly be a particularly high caliber either. At least KH doesn't try hard to be serious.

Have you played FF's VI, VII, IX, X, Tactics and Type-0? There are some FF games with some really great storylines for a video game.

Versus XIII is written by the guy who created the FNC mythology, so it'll be the best interpretation of it, and it's also being worked on by Alexander O. Smith, who is the same guy who worked on the Ivalice games, so it's not going to suffer from bad dialogue, either.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#62art_of_the_killPosted 12/2/2012 7:08:00 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
Have you played FF's VI, VII, IX, X, Tactics and Type-0? There are some FF games with some really great storylines for a video game.

Versus XIII is written by the guy who created the FNC mythology, so it'll be the best interpretation of it, and it's also being worked on by Alexander O. Smith, who is the same guy who worked on the Ivalice games, so it's not going to suffer from bad dialogue, either.

If the writers of XIII and XIII-2 do not touch Versus with a 50-foot pole, I will have more faith in it.
---
"You've lost this argument!"
--- John Marston while lassoing/hogtying someone. Favorite quote this gen.
#63DavCubePosted 12/2/2012 7:16:41 PM
Geno posted...
I know Versus is going to crash, but I already know how bad.

You can't crash something that doesn't exist.
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube
#64Jon_GodPosted 12/2/2012 7:21:51 PM
Versus XIII, because at the moment, KH3 would be a disappointment.

With Days, Re: Coded, and even BBS, and DDD, Kingdom Heart's story has become weird, and really unrelatable.

If the made a sequel, how would they do it? Would they recap everything that's happened in the above listed games? Would it act like KH2 and explain almost nothing?

Then there's the gameplay, would it still be mash X and heal when needed? Honestly, Kingdom Hearts has almost devolved into Final Fantasy XIII, but is *thankfully* more interactive.

Still, I can't imagine SE in it's current state making a KH3 that is anything other than a disappointment.

Versus XIII could be a failure, but it doesn't have a series to drag down with it.

-JG
---
PS3 Fan, but doesn't mind other systems. PSN: Jon_God, XBL: Ernie the Bear
http://savemgo.com/forums/
#65theofficefan99Posted 12/2/2012 7:30:32 PM
art_of_the_kill posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

If the writers of XIII and XIII-2 do not touch Versus with a 50-foot pole, I will have more faith in it.

They aren't working on it.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#66theofficefan99Posted 12/2/2012 7:45:23 PM
bump
---
#67HOTJaVaLaVa(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 6:43:52 PM
Bump!
---
"The eyes are the groin of the head."
-Dwight Schrute, from the TV show The Office
#68RetroFanGirlPosted 12/5/2012 6:45:18 PM
badboy posted...
Not interested in Kiddy Hearts 3.

You're so cool. How did you get to be so cool?
---
Only my opinion is valid.
Confirmed by SunDevil77