This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People keep bashing Final Fantasy nowadays but they seem to forget...

#1SpiritSephirothPosted 12/2/2012 9:28:16 AM
Final Fantasy is still selling strong.

There is still a huge fan base and following.

The games are changing because times are changing. The audience nowadays have different tastes. If Square goes back to its roots, the mainstream audience won't be appealed. If Square tries something new the core audience won't be appealed.

There's no satisfying everyone. They have to find a middle ground and by doing that they're sacrificing a few things.
---
PSN: G-e-n-e-s-i-s, Steam: Blackisrafil, MGO (EU): Rubedo
White knight chronicles: Rubedo, Alessia
#2AXKSIONPosted 12/2/2012 9:31:41 AM
SpiritSephiroth posted...
sacrificing a few things.

@______________________________________@

Only "a few" things????????!!!!!

The new games are entirely unrecognizable from what was once my very favorite video game franchise of all time. Now the trashy games feel more like crummy action games than RPGs.
---
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/Nintendo.png http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/SMRPG.jpg
#3killakPosted 12/2/2012 9:34:10 AM

It's a reference to sacrificing a few "fans", to make a game that appeals to more.

You're part of the sacrifice
---
Me - http://tinyurl.com/bslf5na
#4kel25Posted 12/2/2012 9:41:30 AM
Is it really working? They changed a lot with FF XIII and it sold well because it was five years since we got to play a FF and a lot of people bought it blind or ignored the poor reviews.

Many people ended up hating that game, as can be seen by the drastic drop in sales with FF XIII-2. It would have sold well if FF XIII offered gameplay that actually appealed to a wide audience. In the end they only sold a few games to die hard FF fans and to insane people that have actually convinced themselves that it was a good game.
#5megamaticsPosted 12/2/2012 9:47:33 AM
Strong Sales ? There was a noticeable difference between how many people bought 13 and 13-2. 13 was coasting on the success of the previous titles while 13-2 was the realization that not as many liked 13 all together.
---
GamerTag: RaymondMic/OptimusMega PSN: Optimus Mega
SteamProfile: Megamatics
#6stawg007Posted 12/2/2012 10:07:55 AM
megamatics posted...
Strong Sales ? There was a noticeable difference between how many people bought 13 and 13-2. 13 was coasting on the success of the previous titles while 13-2 was the realization that not as many liked 13 all together.

This

13-2 sold really badly for a main FF game
---
GT: lPayneToTheMaxl
#7theofficefan99Posted 12/2/2012 10:11:18 AM
stawg007 posted...
megamatics posted...

This

13-2 sold really badly for a main FF game

XIII-2 is not a main FF.

I loved XIII and I wasn't even looking forward to XIII-2 because it looked terrible. It was made even worse when it was confirmed by JP players that there are only 2 playable characters, the original cast is barely there (aside from the most annoying ones (Hope and Snow)), and that it had a cliffhanger ending.

XIII's controversial nature is a big reason as to why XIII-2 didn't sell that well for a Final Fantasy game, but there are many other factors along with that.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#8KojaxFXPosted 12/2/2012 10:19:54 AM
Final Fantasy is still selling strong.

There is still a huge fan base and following.

The games are changing because times are changing. The audience nowadays have different tastes. If Square goes back to its roots, the mainstream audience won't be appealed. If Square tries something new the core audience won't be appealed.

There's no satisfying everyone. They have to find a middle ground and by doing that they're sacrificing a few things.

good job white knight now go to the 360 forums and tell them we wish we had halo.
#9TheBorderColliePosted 12/2/2012 10:24:00 AM
sacrificing a few things.

@______________________________________@

The new games are entirely unrecognizable from what was once my very favorite video game franchise of all time. Now the trashy games feel more like crummy action games than RPGs.

And yet the sales data proves that FANS ARE STILL BUYING THE GAMES.
---
Happy to see the return of TBC: 137
"Rasmussen wasn't really wrong, the election itself was." - CM_Punk_sXe
#10OtakuGameraPosted 12/2/2012 10:25:05 AM
i like how people who bashes on SE and wants them to die is the same people who pleas and begs SE to release FFvXIII, FFXHD, KH3 and FF-type 0, oh the irony..
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg