This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

[Poll] Favorite Racing Game

#1LiquidAntagonisPosted 12/2/2012 1:55:32 PM
Your Favorite Racing Game Is... - Results (60 votes)
Need For Speed
10% (6 votes)
Burnout
15% (9 votes)
Gran Turismo
21.67% (13 votes)
Midnight Club
8.33% (5 votes)
Racing games? What heresy is this?!
8.33% (5 votes)
All I know is I could go for some tacos right now
13.33% (8 votes)
Other
23.33% (14 votes)
This poll is now closed.
So I want to get a racing game. I typically don't play racing games, but sometimes I get the urge to get behind the virtual wheel and cruise the streets of some city somewhere in an outlandish and overly detailed vehicle.

I want a game that allows free roam, a variety of customization, intricate racing sequences, maybe a story or some character development (but that's not at all necessary), and possibly online multiplayer.

I was thinking of getting Midnight Club: Los Angeles, as I've played it before and I know that it has all of the features that I just mentioned, but I wanted to ask you people if you know of any other game that might be better in terms of gameplay.
---
>provides users with the ability to dispute a "moderation"
>list of reasons why every argument is "refutable" =_=
#2themegaman7Posted 12/2/2012 1:57:41 PM
F-Zero GX and Diddy Kong Racing

Excite Trucks gets a honorable mention.
---
PSN - Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -
#3nouseravailablePosted 12/2/2012 1:57:49 PM
Id get Mario Kart since we dont have Mario Kart, id get LBP Racing.
---
"I dont have a daughter. But I cant let that stop me from sorting out her musical training." -why the lucky stiff
#4EseenuzPosted 12/2/2012 1:59:37 PM
I like Wipeout HD

I can get up to Mach 1 in Wipeout HD
#5JohnHitman47Posted 12/2/2012 2:04:48 PM
Midnight Club
---
Gamefaqs its now J-Faqs, especially the PS3 board.
#6HurrigangstaPosted 12/2/2012 2:06:22 PM
Mine is F1 but it only has a couple features you're looking for and several you're not.
#7The_BonesPosted 12/2/2012 2:13:10 PM
I'm not really sure I have a favorite as I like different racing series for different reasons. For more realistic simulation I like Gran Turismo the best. The F-Zero series is a great fast paced and intense arcade style racer with a great soundtrack and interesting course designs. The Mario Kart series is just fun to play as the items can really shake things up and the courses generally have a fun design. For old school racers Rad Racer may be my favorite as its challenging yet still fun to play.
#8WebsandWigsPosted 12/2/2012 2:19:04 PM
themegaman7 posted...
F-Zero GX and Diddy Kong Racing

Excite Trucks gets a honorable mention.

This This This
#9LiquidAntagonis(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 2:19:43 PM
F-Zero GX is incredible
Wipeout HD looks very similar to F-Zero (or maybe Star Wars Pod Racer)
F1 looks more like a racing simulator.

I'm looking for something more modern in the vein of muscle cars. I want the option of a wide variety of cars from the very basic and familiar like Fords to more exotic like Porches.

One of the main reasons I want to go with Midnight Club is the free roam. In this game, you're free to cruise the streets of Los Angeles as you please. There's some horrible story, and the soundtrack isn't exactly award winning, but the racing sequences, customization, and free roam more than make up for it.

It's been a few years since MC:LA came out, so I thought maybe something else more recent had come out that has similar features but...better. You know, more intricate maps to explore, more customization, and characters that don't look and sound like Fast and the Furious rejects.
---
>provides users with the ability to dispute a "moderation"
>list of reasons why every argument is "refutable" =_=
#10tmons78Posted 12/2/2012 3:19:15 PM
Other - RC Pro Am.