This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What does Sony need to do to win next generation with gaming?

#1jubjub360Posted 12/2/2012 2:05:35 PM(edited)
(NOTE BEFORE I BEGIN: This isn't supposed to be a bashing of the PS3 or Sony. They did great for this generation of gaming. Think of this as... Sportscenter. Look at where they are now, what needs to change for the next season, provide reasoning.)

What do you guys think Sony needs to do with their next console to "win" next generation? What strategies would help to escalate it farther than how the PS3 did this generation?

All your opinions of course.
---
F*** yo' MLA! It's all about that APA!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#2themegaman7Posted 12/2/2012 2:06:15 PM
Beat Nintendo & Microsoft in sales
---
PSN - Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -
#3JohnHitman47Posted 12/2/2012 2:07:51 PM
Keep realising good games.
---
Gamefaqs its now J-Faqs, especially the PS3 board.
#4jubjub360(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 2:08:13 PM
themegaman7 posted...
Beat Nintendo & Microsoft in sales

Ok other than obvious statements like this (derp really man).
---
#5jubjub360(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 2:16:50 PM
Bump.
---
#6LinkinLawgPosted 12/2/2012 2:20:25 PM(edited)
-Not launch with a high price tag
-Use hardware thats not difficult to develop on.
-Make good first party games from Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, Media Molecule, etc.
---
PSN: LinkinLawg
Not changing this sig until I feel like it
#7king_maddenPosted 12/2/2012 2:21:36 PM
no idea, although i dont really think they "lost" this gen. i view it as ps3 vs. 360, and they managed to outsell it during the time they were both on the market.

as for the wii, yes they were in the same time period but i dont think they were exactly "competition" for the other 2.
#8jubjub360(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 2:23:00 PM
king_madden posted...
no idea, although i dont really think they "lost" this gen. i view it as ps3 vs. 360, and they managed to outsell it during the time they were both on the market.

as for the wii, yes they were in the same time period but i dont think they were exactly "competition" for the other 2.

Oh I totally agree that they didn't lose this generation. Heck they sold systems didn't they?

What I meant by my question is like, what things should they add/remove to help with selling the system.
---
#9AtelierCorvusPosted 12/2/2012 2:23:55 PM
-Not try to out-tech the others and pass the cost onto consumers.

-Follow the Steam model of having flash sales on older properties rather than trying to say $2 off a game that costs $15 is somehow enticing.

-Embrace the Indie developer.

-Don't force expensive technology that your competition will just find workarounds for.

-Understand that just because Japanese fans and American fans buy different games doesn't mean there isn't alot of cross-over. Sony needs to embrace their American / European weeaboo fans, it's their biggest thing they have over Microsoft.
---
I use Gamefaqs as a toilet to crap out as much hate and venom as possible so I can be happy and nice in everything else I do. sorry Gamefaqs =/
#10En Sabah NurPosted 12/2/2012 2:25:44 PM
- Improve the ease of development on their console so that multiplatform games will run as they should and developers will actually want to make games for Playstation. This will also prevent any BS excuses like Bethesda saying they can't get Skyrim DLC to work right on PS3.

- Implement an online service that competes with Xbox Live. I don't care what you cheapos say, XBL steps all over PSN due to the fact that it's much more integrated and allows for parties and matchmaking. The cost of XBL is justified when the service is superior.

- Add at least private chat so you can talk to friends while you are playing different games. Some games, like Dead Nation, don't even support voice chat when you're playing online co-op with a friend. That is inexcusable.

- Continue pumping out good exclusives and expand into new IPs. That was their saving grace this gen. The exlusives were amazing and if they didn't have the edge of stuff like Uncharted, Infamous, etc. they would've had a really bad time. Microsoft's biggest failing was NOT having a bunch of exclusives (though MS actually has a bunch that people forget about, so they're simply not high profile exclusives).

- Fix the Playstation Store. Man does it suck, especially after the recent update.
---
Playing - AC3, ZOE HD, X-COM, Dishonored, Borderlands 2, Doom 3 BFG, Tekken Tag 2, BF3, Darksiders 2, Sleeping Dogs, The Walking Dead, Lollipop Chainsaw, MAA