This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Far Cry 3 Face-Off Between the 360 & PS3 (Eurogamer)

#41JohnHitman47Posted 12/4/2012 5:47:38 AM
anonymous46773 posted...
JohnHitman47 posted...
Even that i have a gaming PC, i'm still getting this game on PS3.

Why?

Because i prefer having the inferior version but having all my friends to play, that having the superior version but playing alone, thats why i sold the PC version of BF3 to buy the ps3 version, because i learn playing with friends its the best experience that exist, if the game has any kind of mp, i get it on PS3, if it is SP only well on PC, those are the 2 system i play, already have all mario & zelda on wii and 360 has no good games so its taking dust.
---
Gamefaqs its now J-Faqs, especially the PS3 board.
#42Shadow CloudPosted 12/4/2012 6:58:39 AM
killak posted...
My PC probably runs the game at just under 20FPS, and it's perfectly playable and fully responsive in tight, quick reaction gun fights.

This game is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo good. If you're going to skip it based on the framerate, and chances are you're only framerate obsessed because devs and the media keep commenting on it.......

it's your loss. Believe me

Well that's good news. The high review scores has me interested, but the framerate did have me worried.
#43killakPosted 12/4/2012 7:05:49 AM
Well that's good news. The high review scores has me interested, but the framerate did have me worried.

25 is fine even though it's below the "god awful and unacceptable" 30 frames per second

Last night, for some reason, my PC was really having it's ass handed to it by this game, and it was quite jerky, yet the game still responded perfectly to precision inputs.

Don't bother with the naysayers, and just know that you're in for a great game. Lose yourself in it, and you'll be surprised just how awesome it is.
---
"does the game give you any guidance at some point? How do I f***ing figure s*** out?" - darksydephil, trying to beat the opening of Bayonetta
#44R_NellyPosted 12/4/2012 8:18:52 AM
Quote:This is why im glad PC gaming exists and is cheaper then console gaming.
@fire2box

Your processor cost, by itself, almost as much as a PS3 bundle.......how is that cheaper?
#45chickenlardPosted 12/4/2012 8:24:20 AM
Good thing I can't see screen tearing and frame rate drops, I didn't see anything different when compared to the 360 to PC version. All I saw was the lighting on the PC version was better other then that, no other noticeable differences
#46bob15xPosted 12/4/2012 8:31:22 AM
Sophistication posted...
Was it me or does the Ps3 version look better in everyone of those aspects? Game's ugly anyways, but the Ps3 version was slightly more pretty ugly than just all out ugly.

It was you. The shadowing is very bad and distracting, but textures looked much better.
#47rofflchopperPosted 12/4/2012 8:31:49 AM
While it is obvious that the PC version of games like this are superior, I don't understand why people act like it is unplayable on other platforms. Even if the game stuttered a little a few times, I don't see why that would ruin it. Of course it would be annoying if it nearly brought the game to a halt, but that shouldn't happen. The fact that they have to slow down the footage to show the differences should say something.
---
Dear Society, Please stop calling Justin Bieber gay. We don't want him either.
Sincerely, Homosexuals.
#48chex81Posted 12/4/2012 8:48:00 AM
FPS are much more fun on 360 due to my preference of the controller...so ill be getting it for Xbox.
---
gt/psn: chex81
#49temgunPosted 12/4/2012 9:10:29 AM
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44946856&postcount=36

This generation has gone on far too long. Look amazing in motion.
---
BROCCOLI COCONUT HOT DOG
#50killakPosted 12/4/2012 11:21:17 PM
Been playing it on 360 all morning.

Game plays perfectly fine, and looks mind blowing
---
"does the game give you any guidance at some point? How do I f***ing figure s*** out?" - darksydephil, trying to beat the opening of Bayonetta