This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So The Last of Us+Beyond Two Souls=2 best exclusives next year?

#31AXKSIONPosted 12/4/2012 6:58:34 AM
Heavy Rain had a horrible story and bad gameplay, so you expect BTS to be good??????????????

The Last of Us is going to be an uber scripted set piece cinematic game with more emphasis on story and cutscenes than the actual gameplay substance, so I wouldn't count on this title either. Plus, the graphics have been shown to be worse than originally thought, so what is left that is special about this game?
---
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/Nintendo.png http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/SMRPG.jpg
#32VanderZooPosted 12/4/2012 7:09:05 AM
stawg007 posted...
I don't get the excitement for Beyond, sure the game looks pretty and the story might be great but isn't it confirmed to be full of qte's as a replacement for actual gameplay?

Quantic Dream does QTE's well, some of the best and most intense 'gameplay' moments I've played in a game were from Heavy Rain.
#33JahkeemyorkPosted 12/4/2012 7:13:31 AM
VanderZoo posted...
stawg007 posted...
I don't get the excitement for Beyond, sure the game looks pretty and the story might be great but isn't it confirmed to be full of qte's as a replacement for actual gameplay?

Quantic Dream does QTE's well, some of the best and most intense 'gameplay' moments I've played in a game were from Heavy Rain.

What of course because it's all prepared actions, with prepared reaction set to QTE so of course it'd go through smoother and feel more intense then say ACTUAL gameplay where your actions control the characters.
#34Chocobo115Posted 12/4/2012 7:16:38 AM
Ni No Kuni & Tales of Xillia are my 2 top games for next year.
The last of Us comes on a distant 3rd thoo (for me).
#35VanderZooPosted 12/4/2012 7:19:05 AM
Jahkeemyork posted...
VanderZoo posted...
stawg007 posted...

What of course because it's all prepared actions, with prepared reaction set to QTE so of course it'd go through smoother and feel more intense then say ACTUAL gameplay where your actions control the characters.

So if the goal is to create an intense, cinematic experience, why is that a bad thing when it actually does it better than 'actual' gameplay.
#36Deimos259Posted 12/4/2012 7:19:41 AM
DarknessXSeeker posted...
I think The Last of Us and Thieves in Time will be the best.

Me too
---
This is serious hee-ho, remember that.
#37Pete41608Posted 12/4/2012 7:41:25 AM
While Beyond Two Souls looks interesting, im more interested in The Last of Us. I'd say along with Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us is my most anticipated GotY. At least PS3 wise.
---
PSN: Pete41608
3DS: 1203-9244-2418
#38Yurtigo_ZXPosted 12/4/2012 7:50:29 AM
I want Ascension
---
It's Nothing Personal
#39L0rdCrumpPosted 12/4/2012 8:33:56 AM(edited)
The Last Of Us
Beyond Two Souls
Tales of Xillia
God of War Acsension
Ni No Kuni

in that order.
---
|--|o\/o|-|~ Can't let you do that, Star Fox!~~~|
|--\_O/--|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
#40nclrwntrPosted 12/4/2012 8:36:57 AM
L0rdCrump posted...
The Last Of Us