This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So The Last of Us+Beyond Two Souls=2 best exclusives next year?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. So The Last of Us+Beyond Two Souls=2 best exclusives next year?
4 years ago#31
Heavy Rain had a horrible story and bad gameplay, so you expect BTS to be good??????????????

The Last of Us is going to be an uber scripted set piece cinematic game with more emphasis on story and cutscenes than the actual gameplay substance, so I wouldn't count on this title either. Plus, the graphics have been shown to be worse than originally thought, so what is left that is special about this game?
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/Nintendo.png http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/SMRPG.jpg
4 years ago#32
stawg007 posted...
I don't get the excitement for Beyond, sure the game looks pretty and the story might be great but isn't it confirmed to be full of qte's as a replacement for actual gameplay?

Quantic Dream does QTE's well, some of the best and most intense 'gameplay' moments I've played in a game were from Heavy Rain.
4 years ago#33
VanderZoo posted...
stawg007 posted...
I don't get the excitement for Beyond, sure the game looks pretty and the story might be great but isn't it confirmed to be full of qte's as a replacement for actual gameplay?

Quantic Dream does QTE's well, some of the best and most intense 'gameplay' moments I've played in a game were from Heavy Rain.

What of course because it's all prepared actions, with prepared reaction set to QTE so of course it'd go through smoother and feel more intense then say ACTUAL gameplay where your actions control the characters.
4 years ago#34
Ni No Kuni & Tales of Xillia are my 2 top games for next year.
The last of Us comes on a distant 3rd thoo (for me).
4 years ago#35
Jahkeemyork posted...
VanderZoo posted...
stawg007 posted...

What of course because it's all prepared actions, with prepared reaction set to QTE so of course it'd go through smoother and feel more intense then say ACTUAL gameplay where your actions control the characters.

So if the goal is to create an intense, cinematic experience, why is that a bad thing when it actually does it better than 'actual' gameplay.
4 years ago#36
DarknessXSeeker posted...
I think The Last of Us and Thieves in Time will be the best.

Me too
This is serious hee-ho, remember that.
4 years ago#37
While Beyond Two Souls looks interesting, im more interested in The Last of Us. I'd say along with Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us is my most anticipated GotY. At least PS3 wise.
PSN: Pete41608
3DS: 1203-9244-2418
4 years ago#38
I want Ascension
It's Nothing Personal
4 years ago#39
The Last Of Us
Beyond Two Souls
Tales of Xillia
God of War Acsension
Ni No Kuni

in that order.
|--|o\/o|-|~ Can't let you do that, Star Fox!~~~|
|--\_O/--|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
4 years ago#40
L0rdCrump posted...
The Last Of Us
Beyond Two Souls
Tales of Xillia
God of War Acsension
Ni No Kuni

in that order.

PS3 is going out strong.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. So The Last of Us+Beyond Two Souls=2 best exclusives next year?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived