This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Final Fantasy 7 is overrated (my opinion)

#1mgs4fan540Posted 12/2/2012 8:13:35 PM
That game was good, I'll give you that. But its not the best FF game, nor is it one of the games games ever made.
The good
-Lengthy game. Always a good thing.
-soundtrack
-Main character is cool. Too bad they ruined him in dissidia.
-
The bad.
-Sephiroth is the most overrated villain ever. Didn't see what's so great about him.
-Compared to FFVI, it wasn't that good.
-Aerith Her death scene wasn't even that shocking. I don't know why people were all mad about it and started petitions to revive her. There were other death scenes in the series which were way more sad, mostly because they actually died trying to protect someone. Aerith just...died doing nothing.
-Graphics are terrible even for its time.
-stupid 3 min summon/super move animations. Like the final bosses super attack was so long that I can go take a dump, come back and it'll still be not done.
---
JRPG >>>>WPRG
#2toadiemanPosted 12/2/2012 8:14:17 PM
I guess you had to have been there.
---
PSN: toadieman
#3AXKSIONPosted 12/2/2012 8:14:50 PM
you like MGS4, one of the most highly overrated games ever, so that makes your opinion invalid

the story to MGS4 is poopoo
---
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/Nintendo.png http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/SMRPG.jpg
#4zooknutPosted 12/2/2012 8:15:38 PM
no it is not one of the games games ever made ...I cant think of a game that falls under that category...for shame
#5zyrax2301Posted 12/2/2012 8:16:20 PM
The best way to play FFVII is to get it on PC and save-edit the f*** out of it.

But still let Aeris die. I don't know why you spoiler'd that.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#6CronoDynePosted 12/2/2012 8:16:23 PM
I love how you add "my opinion" at the end, as if this game isn't openly hated on on a daily basis by a never ending slew of anti FF VII fanboys.
---
Goodbye Chewy. You were the best friend I could ask for. Rest in peace, buddy.
#7warrenmatsPosted 12/2/2012 8:17:30 PM
AXKSION posted...
you like MGS4, one of the most highly overrated games ever, so that makes your opinion invalid

the story to MGS4 is poopoo

I agree. MGS4 is the most disappointing game I ever played in my entire life.

Anyway, although i think FF7 is overrated, I didn't think it was that bad. I still don't know why everyone thought aeriths death was so shocking and sad tho. To me the saddest death in the series was FFV spoilers Galuf's death
---
:D
#8ThamauturgePosted 12/2/2012 8:19:59 PM
FFVII is terrible. Am I cool for disagreeing with the majority yet?!

Seriously though, saying "FFVII is overrated" is in itself overrated. Its a good game. Who cares if other people like it and you don't?
---
Vayne Solidor of the DD012FF Board
Currently playing: Majora's Mask (again), FFVIII, Vagrant Story (again)
#9ArronAubinPosted 12/2/2012 8:21:09 PM
I'm not the biggest FF7 fan in the world, I'll admit. But I don't know why people think it's cool to hate on it. Sure, the fanboys are really annoying. And they started to band wagon onto FF7 when Advent Children was released. Most never even PLAYED the damn game.

I grew up with it. Hell, one of my first console RPGs, actually. It's a GREAT game. Solid cast, and a really solid story.

Don't hate it because other people love it. And for the record my favorite final fantasy games are 3(6) and 9.

The game isn't overrated. It was ground breaking for it's time, much like Ocarina of Time was. Both are outdated. Both require nostalgia glasses. And both sure as hell aren't pretty on the eyes. (not counting the 3DS port)
#10matty549Posted 12/2/2012 8:33:51 PM
The graphics haven't aged incredibly, but everything about it was cutting edge back in 1997. What really sucked me in was the soundtrack. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I'll take FF7 over anything Square Enix has made in the last decade.