This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Final Fantasy 7 is overrated (my opinion)

#11UnderratedGamerPosted 12/2/2012 8:48:10 PM
Who cares if he thinks it is overrated? Are people so shallow that they'll turn directly to a game that he likes and bash it to piss him off? We get that FF7 has a middle ground stance nowadays, either you love it, or you hate it. Are there no other people that simply "like" it? I'm pretty darn sure this game gets the Platinum trophy for most overrated and most underrated.

It's overrated for its characters and villain, but SEVERELY underrated for its story. It really does surpass most in the series. As for characters, this game is riddled with heavily overrated generic characters. As TC says character-wise, Final Fantasy 6 skyrockets above Final Fantasy 7's characters with an exception of Umaro, Gogo, and Mog. But even then, characters like Yuffie and Cait Sith weigh the game down tremendously. As for Aeris, she remains a very bland character and her death really meant nothing to me. In fact, I had more of touch for seeing Seto stoned protecting his lands.

Both game's soundtracks are very good.

Diffuculty in the gameplay is very easy in both, but FF7 seems to get extremely easy early on. With the Enemy Skill materia, Beta, Aqualung and Trine are literally instant death attacks for only 35 MP, and Trine is a minuscule 20. Sabin and Edgar (as I have heard in arguments) have cheap tactics too, but Edgar's tools are only good throughout a very small portion of the game, even way before the WoR. Sabin's blitz skills are only high in damage when you equip him with a couple earrings and abuse the Esper system. I'd REALLY *sarcasm* also like to see people focusing on Sabin rather than putting Earrings on Celes or Terra too. So in all, you actually have to put work in FF6 to break the game. Good equipment also comes late in the game when you reach the Coliseum and try out your limited luck.
---
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." - Isaac Asimov
#12DarkSymbiotePosted 12/2/2012 8:53:36 PM
Your opinion stinks!
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#13glory of power metalPosted 12/2/2012 8:59:25 PM
I guess you had to have been there.

In so many words, this is the best response to people like TC (and I'm one of them).
---
QT x314159.
glory of power metal is an anagram of Lame Flowerpot Orgy. ~ kirbymuncher