This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PSABR, Mass Effect Trilogy, or Dues Ex Ultimate Edition?

#21Kingmichael1337Posted 12/3/2012 12:02:04 AM
just get deus ex regular edition (what the hell is ultimate edition) and the mass effect trilogy. deus ex has way better gameplay but the mass effect trilogy will probably last you longer, even if the story does gradually turn to poop starting with ME2.
---
"i was thinking about getting the game but i was jw if the online multiplayer community is lgbt friendly" - post that got me b& for 7 days LOL
#22FiendingHardPosted 12/3/2012 12:05:20 AM
zUkUu posted...
Mass Effect if you haven't played it. it's truly a milestone in presentation of story and interaction of player choices.

I feel the games got worse and worse, but even ME3 is on a top notch level where the other 2 games would wish they were.

Deus Ex is horrible linear and the awkwardly placed "ventilation shafts" EVERYWHERE were funny at first, but felt incredible stupid down the line. Also, single handed the worst "ending choices" ever seen in a video game, now that ME 3 has the ending patch available.

DE:HR offers closure, ME3 offers cliffhangers for the characters and places you spent 3 games with.
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: NFS Most Wanted, The Walking Dead, ZoE HD Collection, Final Fantasy 9.
#23zUkUuPosted 12/3/2012 12:08:38 AM
FiendingHard posted...
zUkUu posted...
Mass Effect if you haven't played it. it's truly a milestone in presentation of story and interaction of player choices.

I feel the games got worse and worse, but even ME3 is on a top notch level where the other 2 games would wish they were.

Deus Ex is horrible linear and the awkwardly placed "ventilation shafts" EVERYWHERE were funny at first, but felt incredible stupid down the line. Also, single handed the worst "ending choices" ever seen in a video game, now that ME 3 has the ending patch available.

DE:HR offers closure, ME3 offers cliffhangers for the characters and places you spent 3 games with.

I've watched the new endings from the patch. it's acceptable.
#24MonoculusPosted 12/3/2012 12:09:19 AM(edited)
Mass Effect Trilogy's a great idea, but you might want to get the games separately unless you want ME1 on disc or the special box for the set. Total cost individually would be about $52 ($15 for ME1 on PSN, $15 for ME2 and $22.20 for ME3 on Amazon). The box set doesn't include any DLC the standard versions don't have.
---
XBL: RandomTag529 | Steam/PSN: FEGuy | 3DS FC: 4811-7007-7796
NES|SNES|PSX|N64|GC|X360|Wii|PS3|PC|GB|GBC|GBA|DS|PSP|Lite|3DS|Xperia Play
#25FiendingHardPosted 12/3/2012 12:18:31 AM
zUkUu posted...

Too little, too late. DE didn't need a patch to fix broken endings. They weren't perfect but at least they offered some closure and a monologue to close out the game based on your choice. ME3 offered brand new characters and plot devices in the final 15 minutes which lead to picking red, green, or blue explosions as well as plothole after plothole. You know an ending is bad when non-gaming sites like Forbes cover it, authors critique the bad storytelling, people write essay upon essay talking about why the ending was wrong from a narrative point of view, and it is one of the biggest fiasco in the gaming industry.

Don't get me wrong still a solid trilogy, ME1 story is amazing, ME2 squadmate interactions are superb, ME3 setpieces are mindblowing. But that ending, gah.
---
Now Playing: NFS Most Wanted, The Walking Dead, ZoE HD Collection, Final Fantasy 9.
#26zUkUuPosted 12/3/2012 12:21:09 AM
FiendingHard posted...
zUkUu posted...

Too little, too late. DE didn't need a patch to fix broken endings. They weren't perfect but at least they offered some closure and a monologue to close out the game based on your choice. ME3 offered brand new characters and plot devices in the final 15 minutes which lead to picking red, green, or blue explosions as well as plothole after plothole. You know an ending is bad when non-gaming sites like Forbes cover it, authors critique the bad storytelling, people write essay upon essay talking about why the ending was wrong from a narrative point of view, and it is one of the biggest fiasco in the gaming industry.

Don't get me wrong still a solid trilogy, ME1 story is amazing, ME2 squadmate interactions are superb, ME3 setpieces are mindblowing. But that ending, gah.

well it doesn't matter for him as he will have the endings available when he reaches ME3's ending.

And I didn't enjoyed the DE endings at all. Also I liked the gameplay, characters, settings etc much more from ME. if you use a custom shepard, you also build a REALLY deep connection to that character.
#27Kingmichael1337Posted 12/3/2012 12:24:37 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#28FiendingHardPosted 12/3/2012 12:26:55 AM
zUkUu posted...
well it doesn't matter for him as he will have the endings available when he reaches ME3's ending.

And I didn't enjoyed the DE endings at all. Also I liked the gameplay, characters, settings etc much more from ME. if you use a custom shepard, you also build a REALLY deep connection to that character.

I would suggest he watch the original endings first. Then install the Extended Cut while keeping in mind that fans had to wait over 3 months for it while Casey "speculations" Hudson spouted his artistic integrity nonsense.

As for DE:HR, I admitted the endings aren't perfect and not everyone likes them. Still not as controversial as ME3 though.
---