This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What happened to the console war?

#51PStrifePosted 12/3/2012 12:06:00 PM
jabboon posted...
Ps3 caught up with the 360 in sales, and its not using DVD technology from 2005. and due to the release of new exclusives on the way (Last of Us etc)

Yeah, most of Sony's exclusives next year kinda suck.

The increasing cheapskates at MSFT can outshine Sony's own cheapskatedness these days, thanks to securing themselves brands of consistent retail success in the past. Even the next lowly outsouced Gears of War game is going to manage to sell better then most of next year's PS3 line-up.

2013 is an awful gaming year gp.
#52ymmac1707Posted 12/3/2012 12:12:37 PM
Most people own multiple consoles, even if you don't most games are release for all major console including PC, without any major drawbacks, despite what fans boys might think. I have a decent PC, Xbox 360 and PS3, eventually will buy a Wii U.

I prefer PS3 because I enjoy fighting games and really like the dual shock 3 controller, when playing Street fighter IV, marvel vs Capcom and tekken.

PS: love the PS3 dual shock controller, does that make me a Sony fan boy, who cares!!!!!!
#53DemonDog666Posted 12/3/2012 12:17:14 PM
CGB_Spender posted...
Nah 360 is still the best with exclusives. Halo 4, Forza Horizon, The Witcher 2 were better rated than any PS3 retail game this year. And don't get me started with downloadable games.

First of all 360 hasn't been the best with exclusives ever unless you count timed exclusives and look at the time frame very shortly after ps3 launched.

Second Witcher 2 isn't an exclusive.

Third halo 4 and forza are both stagnated and don't do anything unique or interesting or are even that good, they are both mediocre and they were only rated highly because they were heavily advertised.

Also Journey scored better then all of those titles (and yes it does have a retail version) so you are just factually wrong as well.
#54king_maddenPosted 12/3/2012 1:45:10 PM
I still don't see how people say wii won this fanboy war. The wii is a console that sold very well, and that's that. The war was 360 vs ps3. Its like porsche getting upset because toyota sold more. 2 different groups, different markets.