This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Playstation Plus worth it if...

#1Sony_FanaticPosted 12/3/2012 5:40:52 AM
...I don't purchase games often. Will the subscription still be worth it in the long run if I'm just relying on the Instant Game Collection and free avatars, themes etc?
---
PSN PHOENIX_4pp
Platinum Trophies Modern Warfare 3.. ugh.
#2NinjaGamer_23Posted 12/3/2012 5:42:33 AM
Yes it will.
I been a subscriber for 6 months, haven't let me down. Plus alot of the games have long single player campaigns.
#3JahkeemyorkPosted 12/3/2012 5:50:14 AM
Get the EU PS+ if you can,you can get cards from http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buygames/sony-playstation-network-cards/

Their deals are way better and right now especially tomorrow you'll be able to get Vanquish and Batman Arkham City for free.
#4Sony_Fanatic(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 5:50:40 AM
Thanks bud. Got a free trial from Playstation and I've been using it for the last 3 days. Downloaded two games (Motorstorm: Apocalypse and Scott Pilgrim) and there is still Crysis 2 and inFamous to download.
---
PSN PHOENIX_4pp
#5Sony_Fanatic(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 5:51:36 AM
Jahkeemyork posted...
Get the EU PS+ if you can,you can get cards from http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buygames/sony-playstation-network-cards/

Their deals are way better and right now especially tomorrow you'll be able to get Vanquish and Batman Arkham City for free.

Yeah, I have the NZ version but I heard that the EU version was the best with the US version being terribad.
---
PSN PHOENIX_4pp
#6temgunPosted 12/3/2012 5:52:49 AM
If you don't buy games often and PS3 is your platform of choice, then it's definitely worth it. At least for me it's kinda useless since I always own everything they put out.
---
BROCCOLI COCONUT HOT DOG
#7Sony_Fanatic(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 5:56:25 AM
temgun posted...
If you don't buy games often and PS3 is your platform of choice, then it's definitely worth it. At least for me it's kinda useless since I always own everything they put out.

PS3 is the only console I play but I have a very small library of games. It'll get larger once I get a job but for the time being, $25NZD every 3 months seems pretty good. I also play videogames very regularly with an average of 3 hours a day (including days when I don't play) to long sessions when I play 10+ hours. Thanks for your guys help, it definitely sounds like I'll get my moneys worth.
---
PSN PHOENIX_4pp
#8MagicManGregPosted 12/3/2012 5:56:36 AM
Oooh, Vanquish on Wednesday?

Not too interested in Arkham City, played the first one and thoroughly enjoyed it, but I'm just not interested in this one.
#9JahkeemyorkPosted 12/3/2012 6:53:31 AM
MagicManGreg posted...
Oooh, Vanquish on Wednesday?

Not too interested in Arkham City, played the first one and thoroughly enjoyed it, but I'm just not interested in this one.

I say give it a shot if you have PS+ since it'll be free anyways, it's a pretty excellent game, it is more free roamy then Arkham Asylum however that's only the overworld. When you enter a building for those story missions you'll feel the Asylum vibe again.

The sidequests are also amazingly deep, (outside the AR Training anyways) they treat them like they're story important.
#10CapnStankyPosted 12/3/2012 7:12:52 AM
It's a lame ripoff. You'll get more value out of renting games from Redbox.
---
GOTY 2012 Candidates: Sleeping Dogs, Mark of the Ninja, Borderlands 2, Forza Horizon, Halo 4