This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Playstation Plus worth it if...

#11hrjPosted 12/3/2012 7:20:56 AM
CapnStanky posted...
It's a lame ripoff. You'll get more value out of renting games from Redbox.

LOL sure.
---
PSN/GT - Hennaboy
#12anonymous46773Posted 12/3/2012 7:23:46 AM
The discounts aren't that great, anyways. But yeah, you may want to consider it.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#13Bebop242Posted 12/3/2012 8:39:20 AM
CapnStanky posted...
It's a lame ripoff. You'll get more value out of renting games from Redbox.

If PS+ is a lame ripoff, whats Xbox Live?

Agree on your recommendations of Borderlands 2 and Forza Horizon GOTY nods.
#14Anodyne11Posted 12/3/2012 8:55:18 AM
If you don't buy games often then yes, definitely.
I don't buy many of the major titles but enjoy them so I get loads out of PS+
---
Valkyria Chronicles is the best RPG this gen!
Official Ultimecia of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim boards
#15Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 12/3/2012 10:19:00 AM
If you don't buy games that often the I wouldn't get the service. It pays for itself if you spend an average of about $20 a month on the store. The thing is once you have the service you will more than make up the difference with the increased sale prices.

If you like the look of those 12 instant games in the collection and think you can beat them all in a year than get the service, you get to keep the themes and avatars no matter what.
#16faris_ruhiPosted 12/3/2012 10:49:12 AM(edited)
Just a little bit of info here, it's not just 12 games in a year. Here is the list of free games of the inferior North American service that have been added (and some removed) aside from the initial 12 games offered for the instant game collection, I believe December might have a few decent games to add to this list. For just about half a year, this is a solid list imo:

Gotham City Impostors
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX
Renegade Ops
The Walking Dead, Episode 1 & 2
Borderlands
Starhawk (Single player campaign)
NFL Blitz
Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition
Sonic 1 & 2
Bioshock 2
Dungeon Defenders
Quantum Conundrum
King Of Fighters XIII
PAYDAY: The Heist
Double Dragon Neon
Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World
Bloodrayne Betrayal
Outland

If you haven't been buying many games, aka haven't played many games over the years because you didn't want to spend money on many of them, this is a great service, even the NA version. If you had PS+ since June you'd have all the games above plus the inital 12 they offered which were:

Virtua Fighter 5
inFAMOUS 2
Little Big Planet 2
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
Just Cause 2
Saints Row 2
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Hard Corp: Uprising
Choplifter HD
Zombie Apocalypse Never Die Alone
Sideway NY

I'd personally consider it worth the price. As long as you "purchase" the game, even if they get removed from PS+ after a certain period, you can download them at a later date as long as your subscription is active.
---
PSN: SYRAPH , GT: TheRealSyraph
Backlog on hold. Currently playing: Halo 4
#17MagicManGregPosted 12/3/2012 4:27:18 PM
Jahkeemyork posted...
MagicManGreg posted...
Oooh, Vanquish on Wednesday?

Not too interested in Arkham City, played the first one and thoroughly enjoyed it, but I'm just not interested in this one.

I say give it a shot if you have PS+ since it'll be free anyways, it's a pretty excellent game, it is more free roamy then Arkham Asylum however that's only the overworld. When you enter a building for those story missions you'll feel the Asylum vibe again.

The sidequests are also amazingly deep, (outside the AR Training anyways) they treat them like they're story important.

My brother actually has both the games. I guess I should give it a shot at least. I just felt there was a lot I didn't discover in Asylum.