This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

your reaction: Persona 5 is a handheld exclusive

#31silly_sausagePosted 12/3/2012 5:17:11 PM
NuclearChipmunk posted...
I have never played Persona 5.

But I guess, it would feel like if Metal Gear Solid 5 (not PW) or Final Fantasy XV or Uncharted 4 were handheld exclusives.

I hate it when major IPs become handheld exclusive. I have fun with a big screen, leave tiny screen for Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja and games like that.

I know it's cheap to produce games on handheld consoles though.

(If I had the power on Earth, I would ban handheld consoles)

Pretty much what this guy said.
---
John Lennon, 1940 - (Infinite Symbol)
PSN: naathaann
#32Lelouch71Posted 12/3/2012 5:25:14 PM
NuclearChipmunk posted...
(If I had the power on Earth, I would ban handheld consoles)

Then this gen would suck for me. Jrpg are my main genre of choice. This gen is a disappointment for a man like myself. There are only a handful of good to decent jrpgs on consoles. All the good games on handhelds would never happen. A game like Radiant Historia take a huge dump on the vast majority of console jrpgs. I rather not have to use my smart phone to play portable games for when I'm bored on a road trip/flight or I'm out of town. Not to mention many niche developers would go out of business because of the high dev cost of HD consoles. Plus the dislike of jrpgs in the west by critics wouldn't help matters either.

Thus, your power would ruin everything for a lot of people and companies because of your selfishness.
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"
#33SteadyingMeatPosted 12/3/2012 5:29:58 PM
To be honest, I can't recall even one truly great JRPG that I played on HD consoles, except maybe Lost Odyssey and Nier, but they both have some problems that hold them back from being what I'd call great. I mean, they're both great, but, ya know what I mean
---
" hey meat-kun y you no sig? :| "
#34GeassMasterPosted 12/3/2012 5:46:13 PM
Gdboyratedloud posted...
Asemu_Asuno posted...
usernamestuff posted...
ScreamingMidget posted...
It's fine as long as it's on Vita.

What these two fine gentlemen said.

We want the game to sell.... not flop so no. 3ds

deal with it

Ummm Persona 4 Golden is going to one of Atlus's best selling handheld games, under Tactics Ogre(GBA) and Persona 3: Portable(PSP).

I don't see how they wouldn't be pleased enough to put another one on the Vita.
---
Now Playing: Journey Collection, Little Inferno, P4G, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation, Nintendoland
I Have A Huge Backlog.
#35FeiBenaresPosted 12/3/2012 6:57:47 PM
I will have no problems that I will get new systems like Wii U, and Vita.
---
The Battle Dragon And New York City Pokemon Master
Currently playing: Tales of Phantasia (GBA), Animal Crossing (DS)
#36Kage_AM2Posted 12/3/2012 7:02:50 PM
I hope it's 3DS exclusive. I hope most of the JRPGs come to the 3DS.
#37carsaucePosted 12/3/2012 7:05:32 PM
Happy
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#38Hipster_CandyPosted 12/3/2012 7:13:53 PM
zyrax2301 posted...
Don't care, Persona is boring.

:( shame you don`t like Persona. did you play the first two or 3 and 4? most people only like the newer ones ( i personally like all of em) and if you didn't like persona still try the other SMT games like Nocturne and Digital Devil because they are also great.
---
"The Arcana Is The Means By Which All Is Revealed"
#39Lelouch71Posted 12/3/2012 7:18:07 PM
Hipster_Candy posted...
:( shame you don`t like Persona. did you play the first two or 3 and 4? most people only like the newer ones ( i personally like all of em) and if you didn't like persona still try the other SMT games like Nocturne and Digital Devil because they are also great.

When most people say they don't like Persona they are referring to P3/P4. Those of us who played the previous titles are in a smaller cult following crowd. Just keep that in mind for future reference.
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"
#40Video_Game_CzarPosted 12/3/2012 7:19:06 PM
Better be on the all three home consoles. Persona has always been a console game, and should stay that way...If they want to release them on the handheld at a later date, Cool, But on the home consoles first.
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar