This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is the Playstation All Stars single player mode?

#1ShaddapPosted 12/3/2012 2:08:00 PM
Interested in picking this up but no interest in playing it online - worth my time? Any pros/cons would be appreciated! Thanks
---
Saying IGN is superior to Gamespot is like saying gonorrhea is superior to syphilis.
#2howdyneighbor25Posted 12/3/2012 2:08:58 PM
indie garbrage
---
Pay Day. Let's roll!
Paladin of the Brotherhood of Toeh
#3ManuKesnaPosted 12/3/2012 2:11:50 PM
indie garbrage

LOLno

and tc it really is not worth it for the single player, the arcade mode is the standard mode of every fighting game and even tho it have combat trials for every character and general combat trials the online is what makes the game
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#4Shaddap(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 2:13:06 PM
Cool, thanks ManuKesna.
I was hoping for some single player incentives ala Soul Callibur / Mortal Kombat.
O well.
---
Saying IGN is superior to Gamespot is like saying gonorrhea is superior to syphilis.
#5pixel378Posted 12/3/2012 2:13:15 PM
If you are not interested in the online portion it is only worth playing if you have friends over to play together. The only good stuff to do by yourslef is the nice tutorials, challenges, etc.

The story is bad and not well done. The game shines online as any other fighter does, Mortal Kombat spoiled us in that department.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#6Nik_NackPosted 12/3/2012 2:13:37 PM
Honestly, it's meh. If you're looking for some in-depth story, than you will be disappointed. It's a fighting game; there aren't many fighting games (that I know of) with decent stories. It's not like Subspace Emissary in smash either. So yeah, if you're only gonna get it for the story mode, I'd say pass. The online is the bread and butter of the game.
---
Sent from my iPod touch via PowerFAQs 1.10
#7crazyman32Posted 12/3/2012 2:15:29 PM
howdyneighbor25 posted...
indie garbrage

just because it's a game you aren't interested in doesn't make it garbage.I plan on buying it eventually maybe later this month.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM
#8rofflchopperPosted 12/3/2012 2:16:22 PM
Yeah, I would say don't pick it up for single player. I just picked it up the other day and the game is really fun with local co-op and online with friends, but alone it gets boring pretty fast.
---
Dear Society, Please stop calling Justin Bieber gay. We don't want him either.
Sincerely, Homosexuals.
#9Xx5ILLYR4BBITxXPosted 12/3/2012 2:29:02 PM
If you just want it for single player get it for ps vita if you have a vita this game to me seems more fun as a handheld game more.
---
My 5 Favortive Games of all time are 1) Star Ocean Till The End Of Time. 2) Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. 3) Final Fantasy 9. 4) Final Fantasy 10. 5) Star Fox 64.
#10crazyman32Posted 12/3/2012 2:37:19 PM
rofflchopper posted...
Yeah, I would say don't pick it up for single player. I just picked it up the other day and the game is really fun with local co-op and online with friends, but alone it gets boring pretty fast.

yeah I can't see buying the game for single player when it's designed for multiplayer.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM