This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3's Skyrim long due DLC... Should it be discounted?

#1iPr0kkaFTWPosted 12/3/2012 2:12:18 PM
Should the first two DLC Dawnguard and Hearthfire be discounted for the PS3? - Results (119 votes)
Definitely, at least a 20% off discount
20.17% (24 votes)
Yes but it will never happen
37.82% (45 votes)
No, Bethesda earns my money and support
4.2% (5 votes)
LOL NO! Bethesda doesn't give a f*** so more money in their pockets
7.56% (9 votes)
The DLC is never going to be released...
14.29% (17 votes)
I have the SUPERIOR Xbox 360 Skyrim so FUS RO DAH B****ES!
15.97% (19 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Skyrim's Dawnguard and Hearthfire DLC have been out for quite awhile for the Xbox 360 and PC. PS3 in the other hand have been shafted with numerous delays. Bethesda claims there are major problems with the DLC on the PS3 and working closely with Sony to resolve it. It has been months and all we hear from Bethesda is the good old generic response, "When we have an update, we will certainly let you know."

Skyrim's upcoming DLC Dragonborn is releasing tomorrow on the 360 and Bethesda is reassuring it's coming out for the PS3 (and PC) early next year. Now the 360 has an one month exclusivity for the DLC BUT for only the first two (Dawnguard and Hearthfire).

"When The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim arrives in stores this November (likely by way of carrier dragon), it'll assuredly feature many, many hours of content. Nevertheless, gamers will want more, and Bethesda has promised post-launch content to be of the "substantial" variety. The first two pieces of that content will arrive exclusively on Xbox Live Marketplace at least "30 days before it's available anywhere else."

Sources: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/26/skyrim-dlc-packs-heading-to-xbox-360-first/
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-26-skyrim-dlc-timed-xbox-360-exclusive

Technically the new Dragonborn DLC was supposed to come out tomorrow for the PS3 and PC. Again the PS3 gets shafted and I'm not really sure if Bethesda is going to release Dragonborn (on time) for the PS3 due to their impressive track record. Also this "early next year" doesn't sound promising. Remember the DLC comes out 30 days after the 360 so that's January 4, 2013 but with this "early next year" I wouldn't be surprised if it actually comes out on February, March or never.
#2UniversquallPosted 12/3/2012 2:14:27 PM
No. That'd probably go against their financial arrangement anyway.
---
NP: (PS2) Suikoden III (PS3) PSABR (Vita) PSABR (PC) Gothic (Wii U) Xenoblade (360) Nothing lately
#3AwayFromHerePosted 12/3/2012 2:19:18 PM
If they expect PS3 owners to support them, they better do something drastic, because f*** Bethesda.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#4rofflchopperPosted 12/3/2012 2:19:28 PM
I'd say no unless the delays were their fault.... Which I highly doubt they would ever admit to it if it was.
---
Dear Society, Please stop calling Justin Bieber gay. We don't want him either.
Sincerely, Homosexuals.
#5CallmegePosted 12/3/2012 2:21:21 PM
It'd be a nice goodwill gesture but I doubt it will happen, if it gets onto the console at all.
---
God save our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen!
not changing this sig until we have a King - started: 30/8/2008
#6DocDeliciousPosted 12/3/2012 2:21:49 PM
Where's the "People still play Skyrim?" option?
---
Playing - Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3, Vanquish, MGS HD Col, Resonance of Fate, Monster Hunter FU, Shadows of the Damned, Valkyria Chronicles
PSN: DocDelicious
#7Merc123Posted 12/3/2012 2:24:44 PM
Another option is they could charge full price for Dawnguard and if people buy that, give them Hearthfire for free.
---
http://www.facebook.com/MEmarauder - Marauder Shields Facebook page.
#8RafedxPosted 12/3/2012 2:39:15 PM
DocDelicious posted...
Where's the "People still play Skyrim?" option?

Tons of people still play it, I got a PC 2 days ago and of course I bought Skyrim, added about 25 mods and now its like Nov 11 2011 all over again, its so badass.

As far as the poll, personally I don't care about a discount I would still get the DLC if it dropped anyway but if they want to save face they should bundle Heartfire and Dawnguard into a $20 bundle (basically giving Hearthfire for free which they should as there is a mod on PC that does more or less the exact same thing with 1 plot of land for free.) and sell us the Dragonborn DLC at full price.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.
#9PendragoonPosted 12/3/2012 2:53:15 PM
Release all three DLC packs on the PS3 in one pack for $20 as a apology to fans. But this is Bethesda, father of the current DLC market and creators of horse armor...
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#10Pereb27Posted 12/3/2012 3:02:01 PM
Other : I have the EVEN MORE SUPERIOR PC Skyrim so FUS RO DAH B****ES!

In all seriousness, considering most people who bought it probably resold/traded in their copies already, I doubt it'll sell very well no matter what the price is.