This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dear Industry, please stop using Nolan North

#11zyrax2301Posted 12/3/2012 3:18:31 PM
NE_PatriotsFan posted...
A wise man once said, if you are great at something, dont do it for free.

I am just as good at speaking in my natural tone of voice as Nolan North is, you don't see people lining up to pay me to voice main characters in their videogames.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#12crazyman32Posted 12/3/2012 3:21:47 PM
NE_PatriotsFan posted...

Agreed.I don't have any problem with any publisher/developer hiring him because,he is great at what he does.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM
#13AtelierCorvusPosted 12/3/2012 3:26:49 PM
Speaking of Voice Actors who get a ton of work. What about Steve Blum? He's been in so much stuff. Heck he's the "HQ" voice in Company of Heroes for the U.S. Army.
---
I use Gamefaqs as a toilet to crap out as much hate and venom as possible so I can be happy and nice in everything else I do. sorry Gamefaqs =/
#14NnamzPosted 12/3/2012 3:26:53 PM
He probably has the most awesome range in voice acting today. Drake sounds nothing like Cosmo who sounds nothing like Penguin who sounds nothing like Richtofen.

The problem is that he started doing Drake, and that's his best performance. So basically, everyone aquiring him tells him "Hey, Nolan! Do the Uncharted voice!" despite the fact that he is more than capable of sounding different.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#15AXKSIONPosted 12/3/2012 3:29:44 PM
crazyman32 posted...
NE_PatriotsFan posted...

Agreed.I don't have any problem with any publisher/developer hiring him because,he is great at what he does.

Great at doing, that one voice, you mean?

I've heard better voice acting in games too. Especially that one guy who did Spike Spiegel's voice and he's done a ton of voice work.
---
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/Nintendo.png http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/SMRPG.jpg
#16NE_PatriotsFanPosted 12/3/2012 3:29:56 PM
zyrax2301 posted...
NE_PatriotsFan posted...

I am just as good at speaking in my natural tone of voice as Nolan North is, you don't see people lining up to pay me to voice main characters in their videogames.

But do you have that deep, orgasmic voice that NN has?

crazyman32 posted...
NE_PatriotsFan posted...

Indeed! Very much agreed.
---
It's funny how we give thanks for all that we have on Thanksgiving Day and then the next day go out and act like a bunch of materialistic idiots.
#17zyrax2301Posted 12/3/2012 3:31:53 PM
NE_PatriotsFan posted...
zyrax2301 posted...
NE_PatriotsFan posted...

But do you have that deep, orgasmic voice that NN has?

Uhh...I don't think his voice is deep or orgasmic. My voice is deeper than his, but I have an ugly accent so it's probably not orgasmic (even at its huskiest).
---
#18zyrax2301Posted 12/3/2012 3:32:15 PM
Are you into dudes or something?

*squints side-like*
---
#19SoopaMan2KPosted 12/3/2012 3:49:43 PM
He also played as the Royal Guard(Forgot name) in White Knight Chronicles 1 &2.
---
SEN + XBLGT: SoopaMan2K
#20TalgrundPosted 12/3/2012 4:31:15 PM
zyrax2301 posted...
Agreed. I'm sick of hearing his same-same voice everywhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpRkT9JxdnE