This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm seriously thinking about getting this console. Why do you like it?

#21ozranPosted 12/3/2012 5:44:23 PM
Online multiplayer is free and the blu ray format is just amazing in terms of durability, audio and video
---
That does it! I have had it with these mother****ing trolls on this mother****ing board!!! -mercuryblade09
#22abnergoinbigPosted 12/3/2012 5:45:13 PM
I agree with the post about netflix. I like watching it on my PS3 way more than my xbox. The PS3 has amazing exclusives too.
#23Kaiser499Posted 12/3/2012 5:51:24 PM
Why I bought my PS3?

1. I love the Playstation brand. (I'm not a fanboy, I own every console.)
2. Love the exclusives.
3. Free Online.
4. Playstation Plus.
5. Variety of games.
6. Better controller. (IMO)
7. Blu-Ray
8. Can buy laptop hard drives and put in the PS3 for more Hard Drive space.
9. Netflix
10. Playstation Classics.
---
www.twitch.tv/kaiser499
#24BlueSkies7776Posted 12/3/2012 5:52:55 PM
Good exclusives, blu ray movies, free online.
---
My good movie of the week: "Coraline"
Game of the month: Heavy Rain (PS3)
#25tonyalmaedaPosted 12/3/2012 6:16:14 PM
"I'm seriously thinking about getting this console. Why do you like it?"

Why are you seriously considering it? Thats a question you need to answer for yourself.
---
Lord Major General Tonyalmaeda of the Royal Overlord Guard/PSN jezandjac and Senior Sony Rep.
Personal and UNMATACHED Assassin for the Overlord
#26En Sabah NurPosted 12/3/2012 6:18:17 PM
1) Exclusives. It probably has the best exclusives you can get at the moment. The main reason to own one.

2) Netflix is friendlier.

3) Bluray player.

That's all I can think of :P

On the downside the online service is sub-par and I feel like most multiplatform games are better on 360.
---
Playing - AC3, ZOE HD, X-COM, Dishonored, Borderlands 2, Doom 3 BFG, Tekken Tag 2, BF3, Darksiders 2, Sleeping Dogs, The Walking Dead, Lollipop Chainsaw, MAA
#27THMBZDownGNZUpPosted 12/3/2012 6:18:33 PM
Wait to buy the PlayStation Omni September next year. Should have plenty of launch titles worth playing.
#28tonyalmaedaPosted 12/3/2012 6:37:21 PM
Sorry for not answering the question.

I like it because on the controller, the EXCLUSIVES, changing out the Hdds, putting videos, music, pictures & stuff on the Hdd, free online, the fact that basically anything can be read off the USB,

The NFL Sunday Ticket, Netflix, The design, the orchestra sound it makes when you turn it on, BLU RAY, The fact the original PS3 wasnt a 3D BLURAY player and now it is. The the Glorious DTS Master Audio.
---
Lord Major General Tonyalmaeda of the Royal Overlord Guard/PSN jezandjac and Senior Sony Rep.
Personal and UNMATACHED Assassin for the Overlord
#29tinfoil21Posted 12/3/2012 6:48:20 PM
Kaiser499 posted...
Why I bought my PS3?

1. I love the Playstation brand. (I'm not a fanboy, I own every console.)
2. Love the exclusives.
3. Free Online.
4. Playstation Plus.
5. Variety of games.
6. Better controller. (IMO)
7. Blu-Ray
8. Can buy laptop hard drives and put in the PS3 for more Hard Drive space.
9. Netflix
10. Playstation Classics.

Solid, accurate list. Of course, there's way more to the PS3 also. It's a great all-around media player. Music, movies, internet and straight back to play your games. Very seamless experience.

;D
---
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? You're a mile away and have his shoes.
#30monkeyman0111Posted 12/3/2012 8:40:19 PM
crazyman32 posted...
stampedefoot posted...
monkeyman0111 posted...
Great exclusives, I love ratchet and clank. PSN is free, PS+ reminds me of sega channel. And I liked that service a lot.
lot of niche games if you are open to trying new stuff.

I have always been a Nintendo fanboy my entire life but i always wanted to try something new...
Tbh... i'm getting a little bored of Nintendo and i really don't care about the Wii U to be honest.

I had a NES,Super Nintendo and a N64 but,I got tired of Nintendo by the time the Wii came out so,I had no interest in the Wii U either.

I get a Nintendo console every other generation, it's simple fun I need every once in a while
---
"There are TONS of games that look BEAUTIFUL. It's not a matter of polygons anymore, it's a matter of ART DIRECTION now"
PSN: Monkeyman0111