This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Never Played Tales of... before

#11Flare1721Posted 12/3/2012 7:24:38 PM
Tales of Graces F is a great game. Great everything.The story is a tad weak but nothing that will kill you. I still liked it anyway. Boss fights are great music is awesome.Content is outstanding. You will have alot of fun with this game

Tales of Vesperia (360) unless you dont mind Ps3 Japanese version. Another great Tales game with Troy Baker as the main lead and he is awesome.

Tales of Symphonia for GameCube/Ps2 is an epic title that can be compared to FFX in a few ways but they both have there own tools and both are very well done. I also recommend this game for you will love the characters and story/gameplay. Overall very fun and music again is epic.
---
Best Boss Battle Ever Xemnas- KH2, Long Live Mega Man Legends 3!
PSN: Strife1721
#12lambchipsPosted 12/3/2012 7:25:36 PM
symphonia and eternia
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#13sean2995Posted 12/3/2012 7:27:18 PM
I don't get people with saying the storylines are so bad. Yes they aren't all great but most of the "Tales of" games have kept my interest to finish the game.

Very few games that are so bad in story wise for me to drop the title entirely. The only games that have stopped me from finishing are terrible gameplay. Example was Xenosaga.
#14carsaucePosted 12/3/2012 7:27:55 PM
Mother of mercy, I forgot I still have this Tales of Graces F LOL
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#15ScreamingMidgetPosted 12/3/2012 7:33:07 PM
ArronAubin posted...
ScreamingMidget posted...
ArronAubin posted...
If you can stomach a really lame, typical JRPG

oooh, the ignorance

Oohhhh someone has an opinion that isn't mine. They're ignorant.

Saying typical "J"RPGs are lame reeks of ignorance.
#16ArronAubinPosted 12/3/2012 7:36:41 PM
ArronAubin posted...
ArronAubin posted...
If you can stomach a really lame, typical JRPG

oooh, the ignorance

Oohhhh someone has an opinion that isn't mine. They're ignorant.

Saying typical "J"RPGs are lame reeks of ignorance.

It is a typical JRPG. Are you daft..?
#17abnergoinbigPosted 12/3/2012 7:36:43 PM
phantomblade220 posted...
I've played Tales of Graces F and Tales of the Abyss for the 3DS. I played both for like 28ish hours and then could not finish either of them. Same pattern for me with both games. Combat was a lot of fun. Story was garbage. So bad in fact that it prevented me from finishing Tales of Graces F even though I had so much fun fighting.

Just my two cents, but if your on the PS3 board you might as well start with Tales of Graces F. You'll definetely dig the combat system. The "friendship will save the world" plot will probably make you puke though.

thats the big reason i didnt get graces f. I hope Xillia is good cause i want to get into the series.
#18NamekianClownPosted 12/3/2012 7:45:48 PM
I wasn't actually looking forward to Graces too much because of all the hate it got pre-release, but it's actually my favorite out of the 3 I've played. I really didn't like Abyss at all, it seems to be massively over rated.
---
Segata Sanshiro! Segata Sanshiro! Sega Saturn, Shiro!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joNwYPdEBTc
#19peter_888Posted 12/3/2012 7:49:36 PM(edited)
the tales series gameplay is top notch. From the actual combat system itself to the progression system they have.
The story is good enough to go through and the characters are very likable in the games. And the skits is a fantastic way for the character to interact. Especially with the more recent installments with how the skits are actually voiced.
and I also have to say that the tales series is one of the few rpg that does item management right.(especially with how the healing item deals with % then just a set amount of health) You have a good amount of items you can have but the item limit(20) prevents them from winning battles. and there is certain balance in using items as you have a small time limit in that you can't use other items each time you use an item.

Overall, a very solid series.

My fav is probably abyss with graces following behind. And I've played most of the localized title that came after symphonia.(Legendia, Vesperia, etc.)
as for Graces, I thought it was a very good game. But then again, I enjoy the story for the intro(which I thought was pretty interesting as it was mostly based with how Asbel actually had to make up for his action as a child) and the ending(with the main antagonist). The skits are probably my fav in the series as well and the combat system is possibly the best in the 3d tales game. also add that Asbel is probably the protagonist that I relate to the most in the series and I have to say that I loved playing through Graces F.
---
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.
#20rswsc0407(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 8:35:02 AM
I knew there was something I forgot to mention, I have a PSX/PS2/PS3, DS, PSP.

Tales of the Abyss was the one I was thinking of starting with(everyone seems to have liked it well enough) That and the price should be cheaper than any of the other ones.
---
Red Sox World Series Champions 2004 & 2007= My ID. PSN ID- rswsc0407