This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good RPG game to recommend?

#41Jx1010Posted 12/3/2012 11:21:18 PM
Mass Effect is NOT an RPG
---
''\__/''
l='_'=l
#42Phophenomenon(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 11:21:34 PM
=_=
---
Xbox360 4 lyfe
Gamer tag: iPWNnewbz
#43Phophenomenon(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 11:23:15 PM
Jx1010 posted...

It's an action role playing third person shooter.
---
Xbox360 4 lyfe
Gamer tag: iPWNnewbz
#44zUkUuPosted 12/3/2012 11:24:49 PM
so have you made up your mind? :D

the poll reflects exactly what I recommended btw: ME, NieR and Soul Games x) - pick any of those (but play all!)
#45PokeLord473Posted 12/3/2012 11:29:27 PM
Jx1010 posted...

Please see yourself out.

TC, While BioWare's choice of how to end the series broke this old gamer's heart, I do recommend playing the series from the beginning.
---
"Am I missing an eyebrow?"
#46antoinejonesPosted 12/4/2012 1:10:27 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
antoinejones posted...
white knight chronicles 2... itll keep you busy til 2014 if you try to do everything (exaggeration but definitely until summer 2013 lol)

WKC2 is pure ****

lol no pure **** gets 3/10 or less... while I wouldnt rate WKC2 higher than a 6 or 7 outta 10.. that fine for a 20 dollar game... I could name RPGs that are FAR worse.
---
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#47justchill433Posted 12/4/2012 1:13:54 AM
if you haven't played NieR yet, you're in for a treat. One of the best games ever released. Granted, the gameplay itself is not the best out there, but the brilliant story, the deep characters, the impeccable narrative, the uniqueness of ideas and all that underlined with the most beautiful OST you've ever heard. You need to stick through it, it's breathtaking towards the end and I never felt more emotional attached to any other game ever.

Intro Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4VPBx7XHOA

It's a genius game, almost perfect; even the flaws it has can not downscale its brilliance.

They can and they do. Somebody shouldn't have to stick with a game for 20 hours despite its crappy gameplay for the game to "get good."
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#48zUkUuPosted 12/4/2012 6:55:12 AM
it's not "crappy", it's fun and enjoyable, but nothing special (boss fights are serious fun btw). and the game doesn't "get good", it becomes mind blowing and unforgettable. like many have said, it's an experience and have to be seen as a whole.
#49ScreamingMidgetPosted 12/4/2012 6:58:02 AM
AXKSION posted...
zUkUu posted...
if you haven't played NieR yet, you're in for a treat. One of the best games ever released. Granted, the gameplay itself is not the best out there, but the brilliant story, the deep characters, the impeccable narrative, the uniqueness of ideas and all that underlined with the most beautiful OST you've ever heard. You need to stick through it, it's breathtaking towards the end and I never felt more emotional attached to any other game ever.

Intro Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4VPBx7XHOA

It's a genius game, almost perfect; even the flaws it has can not downscale its brilliance.

Nier is one of the most unpolished turds of a game I have regretfully played. The only good thing about it is the story, which still couldn't save it from the clunky gameplay and atrocious game design.

Certainly the amazing characters and one of the greatest Soundtracks known to man are not "good".

I say, Nier if you love a good and emotional story. If you prefer good gameplay get either Demon's or Dark Souls. Both of them are pretty much the pinnacle of the RPG genre this gen.
#50phanuelPosted 12/4/2012 7:04:03 AM
If you like JRPGs at all, you need to check out Valkyria Chronicles. It should be about $25 on your favorite online store.
---
Local Sage