This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you feel about Superbot's decision to..

#31oORyuumaruOoPosted 12/4/2012 7:01:28 PM
kkTheKiller42 posted...

The days of stuffing a cartridge/disc with content are over.

Devs like to half-ass games and release more for it later on,that's just how it is.

The truth hurts...;_;
---
PSN: MrSeizo
"Who's the toilette man now?"
#32diebuster2Posted 12/4/2012 11:34:11 PM
DarknessXSeeker posted...
diebuster2 posted...
I think it's a great idea SB is a good developer and they get way too much hate, PSAS is an awesome game.

It's an awesome fighting game but not an awesome celebration of playstation history, see missing key characters.

I love how people act like SB chose to leave out characters like Crash, Spyro, and Cloud. What people need to realize is if the IP holders say no than that means no, it's not like Sony owns them.

Of course. But the disappointment is still there I'm afraid. Not to mention, there are other few characters from the PS1 era like Dart or Blasto they could have taken amongst the cast considering Sony owns them.
---
One does not simply state a reasonable, negative opinion on GameFAQS without being called a troll.
#33spacejamjordanzPosted 12/4/2012 11:42:58 PM
idrc82 posted...
Even for those who dony yet have the game can just download it and have it ready in case they later get the game.

Thank you. I was hoping someone would realize that.
---
"Attack me if you dare. I will crush you." Ken Masters <Street Fighter II>
#34kel25Posted 12/4/2012 11:47:19 PM
idrc82 posted...
Even for those who dony yet have the game can just download it and have it ready in case they later get the game.

I was going to say this. It is great for anyone that knows about it, even if you have no plans to buy the game. You can just get the DLC characters now and if you ever buy the game you are golden. If you don't, it is no loss to you.

It does suck for those that miss out on this deal though.
#35LockDeltzPosted 12/5/2012 5:24:28 AM(edited)
Elements012894 posted...
Says you because you want the best value for your purchase. Doesnt make you any more noble then publishers.

I just told you that game has more fighters then any street fighter game ever without even considering the DLC and somehow they are overcharging?

Yes they are overcharging, it's $60 plus extra for the DLC characters. I'm pretty sure they could of added 43 characters on a PS2 disc, yet many new games on the PS2 were $40 new, and piracy was much more rampant on the PS2. If they are going to add DLC, they should at least lower the msrp price for the game. Sony did a pretty good job of halting piracy on the PS3, but this is how they reward the consumers who spent $60 on the game, someone who bought the game honestly and didn't pirate? No the DLC should be free because consumers already spent too much. Online access has been a double edge for the PS3 there has been good and bad things about it.

And if you don't think $60 isn't too much for a video game, buy a Wii-U and buy two games for, see how much it burns your money.
---
"Ha! They locked us up in a house made of candy." Gibari, Baten Kaitos
#36lostnumberwarPosted 12/5/2012 5:39:39 AM(edited)
diebuster2 posted...
I think it's a great idea SB is a good developer and they get way too much hate, PSAS is an awesome game.

It's an awesome fighting game but not an awesome celebration of playstation history, see missing key characters.

I love how people act like SB chose to leave out characters like Crash, Spyro, and Cloud. What people need to realize is if the IP holders say no than that means no, it's not like Sony owns them.

Let's see... Legend Of Dragoon, Blasto, Jumping Flash, Dark Cloud, Legend Of Legaia, Lemmings, Genji, The Getaway, The Mark Of Kri, Ico, Shadow Of The Colossus, War Of The Monsters, Wild Arms, Syphon Filter, Primal, Popolocrois, Okage Shadow King, Krazy Ivan, Granstream Saga, Demon's Souls, Cool Boarders, Alundra, Arc The Lad. I'm pretty sure none of these games are represented at all and Sony owns them.
---
And now for something completely the same.
#37Master AlienPosted 12/5/2012 5:58:29 AM
LockDeltz posted...
Elements012894 posted...
Says you because you want the best value for your purchase. Doesnt make you any more noble then publishers.

I just told you that game has more fighters then any street fighter game ever without even considering the DLC and somehow they are overcharging?

Yes they are overcharging, it's $60 plus extra for the DLC characters. I'm pretty sure they could of added 43 characters on a PS2 disc, yet many new games on the PS2 were $40 new, and piracy was much more rampant on the PS2. If they are going to add DLC, they should at least lower the msrp price for the game. Sony did a pretty good job of halting piracy on the PS3, but this is how they reward the consumers who spent $60 on the game, someone who bought the game honestly and didn't pirate? No the DLC should be free because consumers already spent too much. Online access has been a double edge for the PS3 there has been good and bad things about it.

And if you don't think $60 isn't too much for a video game, buy a Wii-U and buy two games for, see how much it burns your money.

Are we back in 2006 again? What's the deal with people crying about the 59.99 price tag for games all the sudden, blaming Sony like it hasn't been the normal full price for ps3 and 360 games since the beginning.

DLC shouldn't be free just because you pay fu ll price but thanks to that negative self-entitled mindset day-1-retailer-specific DLC has been and will be even more prevelent in the future since now just getting the game new is no longer good enough.

This is just a marketing tactic to sell more games. I'm not saying they are doing something wrong, in fact its a pretty smart idea. Hopefully it pans out to be profitable so other publishers copy it.
#38LockDeltzPosted 12/5/2012 6:12:50 AM(edited)
Master Alien posted...
Are we back in 2006 again? What's the deal with people crying about the 59.99 price tag for games all the sudden, blaming Sony like it hasn't been the normal full price for ps3 and 360 games since the beginning.

DLC shouldn't be free just because you pay fu ll price but thanks to that negative self-entitled mindset day-1-retailer-specific DLC has been and will be even more prevelent in the future since now just getting the game new is no longer good enough.

This is just a marketing tactic to sell more games. I'm not saying they are doing something wrong, in fact its a pretty smart idea. Hopefully it pans out to be profitable so other publishers copy it.

You don't think $60 is too much for a video game? Come on use your brain, you buy two new games that's $120. $120 may not seem like a lot to you, but it is for most people, plus DLC content. PS2 games before cost $20-40 new.

It has nothing to do with the self-entitled mindset, it's publishers and Sony abusing copyright law, now that they can crack down on piracy with online access. Sony has more control over "their console" by putting drm and auto-updating the ps3. Of course this wasn't an issue in the previous generation becasue online play was minuscule, and hacking and modding a ps2 was much easier.
---
"Ha! They locked us up in a house made of candy." Gibari, Baten Kaitos
#39ChaoticKnucklesPosted 12/5/2012 6:28:09 AM
carsauce posted...
Not fair for others who have to buy them in the future. I really hate DLC.

Just put it in your download list while it's free and then download it to your system when you actually purchase the game.
---
I boosted some of my trophies. Please, judge me about it.
#40Bestia_SomniaPosted 12/5/2012 6:29:02 AM
$60 is not too much. The scale and budget of development is much bigger these days, especially because more games release around the world now, so it's reasonable that the price goes up with the increasing development costs.