This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Poll: Would you want a new trophy system/reset for the PS4?

#1FlipManV3Posted 12/3/2012 11:01:35 PM
Would you want a new trophy system/reset for the PS4? - Results (39 votes)
Yes.
28.21% (11 votes)
No.
64.1% (25 votes)
Maybe.
7.69% (3 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Just a few things I want to address.

- Yes, this means a trophy reset. Everyone starts all over.
- I don't care if you don't care for trophies.
- The new system will be more improved somehow.
---
The Vita and the Wii U boards have the whiniest people on GameFAQs.
#2zUkUuPosted 12/3/2012 11:05:10 PM
I go with your second poll, option 2 "I don't care about trophies".

that said, it'll be taken over a 100% as Sony (and xbl), not even Nintendo with their Wii U can justify that customers need to repurchase their games because they have a new account - and trophies are bound to an account, so they'll get dragged along.
#3ProphezPosted 12/3/2012 11:23:29 PM
If there is a new trophy system, what is the point of a reset? That does not seem at all reasonable, considering the Trophy's are bound to the account, not the system itself. I don't see them removing "Legacy" trophy's if they were to revamp the trophy system. It just makes absolutely zero sense.
---
-iDB
#4FlipManV3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 11:27:31 PM
Prophez posted...
If there is a new trophy system, what is the point of a reset? That does not seem at all reasonable, considering the Trophy's are bound to the account, not the system itself. I don't see them removing "Legacy" trophy's if they were to revamp the trophy system. It just makes absolutely zero sense.

Well, they can incorporate some sort of Legacy system, which you can see past trophies, but the main support will be on the new system.
-
---
#5FlipManV3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 11:29:25 PM
Also, from the way I look at it, it'll be resetted in the future regardless of the circumstances.
-
---
#6echa_OnePosted 12/3/2012 11:35:14 PM
Gonna go with 'Maybe'. I'm fine either way.
---
3 things I dislike before a game release:
The wait, the haters and the trolls
#7WantedOutlawPosted 12/3/2012 11:40:26 PM
Makes sense either way. I'd sort of lean towards resetting though. Give the next console a fresh start. I'm not really that into trophies though but I'm guessing some people would be pissed.