This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

so are we in agreement, lucasart are morons

#11crazyman32Posted 12/4/2012 1:19:18 AM
qwertyMrJINX posted...
I never agreed to that. I hate when a game franchise gets passed around from company to company, and a Star Wars Battlefront game without Pandemic likely wouldn't have been any good.

I don't think it was finished and released because,they realized the game was trash and just wasn't worth continuing work on it so they saved face.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM
#12doraemonllh1989Posted 12/4/2012 1:19:43 AM
who cares,dead game is dead
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
#13king_maddenPosted 12/4/2012 2:13:52 AM
flame030191 posted...
gucciburrr posted...
flame030191 posted...
king_madden posted...
where did you see that the game was finished?

The head designer stated the game was finished, they were just debugging it. It was on GameSpot.

There was another statement released that stated the game was at most 75% complete and was junk. Who to believe....

Yeah, the head designer replied to him saying maybe 99% was an exaggeration, but it was no less than 97% complete, that they had the story, maps, everything laid out and were just working out the kinks. He stated they released gameplay on YouTube from months before cancellation to show their work in progress, though Lucas Arts took it down. The gameplay, though, showed relatively smart AI, functional vehicles, jedi, and mostly detailed maps. Also, he went on to reiterate and explain the course of events much better than the anon listed did, so I'm more inclined to believe him.

no gameplay they ever showed had what he claims. dont you think that any video that popped up wouldve been everywhere as much as people have talked and whined about that game? especially if it had as much content as he explained. the video thats out now is probably the actual footage of where they were. like no game modes, unstable framerate, little to no AI, and not much going on as far as level design.

i dont see how he can say 99% was an exaggeration, but then say it was more like 98-97 percent. that just sounds like utter garbage. like if you're making something and say you are 99% complete then that pretty much means theres one small thing left, 97 or 98% left is still pretty much the same thing, in regards to making something.

i also noticed he kept saying "they werent perfect" meaning they did screw up a few times, yet he never really went into too much detail how they screwed up or what they screwed up. But he wanted to set the record straight?

just seems to me like he has more to gain by trying to save face than the "employee" who is going against him. why would the employee lie? this guy could have a lot of reasons to lie.
#14Lord HammPosted 12/4/2012 2:25:33 AM
You have to remember these were the same guys that released Haze in the condition it was in and claimed it was a "Halo Killer"
---
You know why they call it an Xbox 360
When you look at it, you turn 360 degrees and walk away.
#15banzaiheilPosted 12/4/2012 3:03:30 AM
Lord Hamm posted...
You have to remember these were the same guys that released Haze in the condition it was in and claimed it was a "Halo Killer"

Halo did die though. Of laughter.
---
RAMMSTEIN -Atlanta, GA 04/23/2012
Soooooooo good!
#16SayoriaPosted 12/4/2012 3:13:25 AM
They are morons for not making Zombies Ate My Neighbors 2. Not that Ghoul whatever one.
---
Sailor Moon returns 2013! O_o
#17nightstalker92Posted 12/4/2012 4:59:57 AM
king_madden posted...
no gameplay video ever showed up

I saw both of them. There was the first hour long video that gave people hope the game wasn't dead. Then, about 6 months ago somebody put up like 4 hours of them playing it.

Poor business decision.
#18killakPosted 12/4/2012 5:02:25 AM
Considering all the awesome point and click games they brought out, now they're not morons just because they gave up on Battlefront 3.

You seriously wanted ANOTHER star wars game?
---
My instant game collection - http://tinyurl.com/dxq27an
#19king_maddenPosted 12/4/2012 11:52:28 AM
nightstalker92 posted...
king_madden posted...
no gameplay video ever showed up

I saw both of them. There was the first hour long video that gave people hope the game wasn't dead. Then, about 6 months ago somebody put up like 4 hours of them playing it.

Poor business decision.

how do you quote something i didnt say? I said the gameplay video he mentions showed up, ive seen the video, but none of it was working like he said it was. it didnt look anywhere near complete.
#20king_maddenPosted 12/4/2012 11:56:32 AM
killak posted...
Considering all the awesome point and click games they brought out, now they're not morons just because they gave up on Battlefront 3.

You seriously wanted ANOTHER star wars game?

arent there seriously like 3 star wars games on consoles, since the ps3 came out?