This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Ps3 is the only game in town that has the only game in town... BASEBALL!!

#21Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 11:53:31 AM
My topic isn't trolling... it's a fact. Sony is the only place to get your baseball fix. You tried to argue, you lost and so then you started backpedaling calling me a troll and whatever else.

I'm not trolling, I was giving you all good news actually. And even destructoid said mlb show 13 took a hit because of cross play. Go read the article.
---
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded, Sophistocrats -- You're welcome.
#22king_maddenPosted 12/4/2012 12:05:27 PM
Sophistication posted...
My topic isn't trolling... it's a fact. Sony is the only place to get your baseball fix. You tried to argue, you lost and so then you started backpedaling calling me a troll and whatever else.

I'm not trolling, I was giving you all good news actually. And even destructoid said mlb show 13 took a hit because of cross play. Go read the article.

lmao so a game thats more than 3 months from release took a graphics hit?

also what did i lose and how? didnt know i was competing for anything. its like "oh no, 2k isnt making a game that no one was buying". oh dear! all im saying is whats the point of this topic? talking about a game thats not coming out for another 3 months?

also what did i back pedal on? everything i said is fact. you claim this isnt about the show but spent your entire op about how it hasnt changed and how the graphics arent looking good. that sounds like you're talking about the game, and not sony.
#23king_maddenPosted 12/4/2012 12:10:45 PM
also what does cross play have to do with the graphics? mlb the show 12 had cross play and looked great.
#24superbowl54Posted 12/4/2012 12:12:56 PM
who cares? it's football season.
---
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Persona 4 Arena,, Black Ops 2, Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2, ZOE HD, Valkyria Chronicles
#25BlueSkies7776Posted 12/4/2012 12:17:07 PM
Not sure what the point of this topic is. As if you're the first person to ever say that Sports games are the same each year.

Truth be told, they are not the same each year. They might be similar enough, but because the games run on the same engine and the same foundation each year, San Diego Studio is able to work on improving the game each year. It's as if they have been making the same game for 6 years, which is a good thing because they know the game and the engine so well that they can work to only improve the game in terms of performance and improving the gameplay. If you played MLB 12 The Show for a month straight, and then popped in MLB 08 The Show, you would immediately see how far the series has come. The improvement is great.

The other advantage that San Diego Studio has is that the games are exclusive to one console, so they don't have to worry about working on the game for two different consoles at the same time. The MLB series is something that Sony owned and worked on since 1997, and I think it is one of their prized possessions along with Gran Turismo and Naughty Dog. Each year they work REALLY hard to make the fans happy by discussing the game with players on message boards trying to improve the game and fix any problems that come up.

For Baseball fans it is the go to game on consoles.
---
My good movie of the week: "Coraline"
Game of the month: Heavy Rain (PS3)
#26BlueSkies7776Posted 12/4/2012 12:18:42 PM
king_madden posted...
Sophistication posted...

lmao so a game thats more than 3 months from release took a graphics hit?

also what did i lose and how? didnt know i was competing for anything. its like "oh no, 2k isnt making a game that no one was buying". oh dear! all im saying is whats the point of this topic? talking about a game thats not coming out for another 3 months?

also what did i back pedal on? everything i said is fact. you claim this isnt about the show but spent your entire op about how it hasnt changed and how the graphics arent looking good. that sounds like you're talking about the game, and not sony.

Don't bother arguing. Sophistication is a known troll.
---
#27JiZamezPosted 12/4/2012 12:21:15 PM
mogar002 posted...
NASCAR is a sport by the definition of it. You need to get over yourself.

By the definition of it?

I guess that makes me an athlete, since I sometimes have to loop around my block a few times to look for parking.
---
Playstation 3 Network ID: MapleStory
My Fat Princess, Square-Enix, & other game OST's: http://youtube.com/mapleps3
#28BlueSkies7776Posted 12/4/2012 12:22:23 PM
JiZamez posted...
mogar002 posted...

By the definition of it?

I guess that makes me an athlete, since I sometimes have to loop around my block a few times to look for parking.

Something tells me you don't know a whole lot about Nascar.
---
#29king_maddenPosted 12/4/2012 12:27:01 PM
BlueSkies7776 posted...
JiZamez posted...
mogar002 posted...

By the definition of it?

Something tells me you don't know a whole lot about Nascar.

most people who just watch it briefly, or just watch it occasionally dont really know anything about it other than "oh they are driving in a circle". they will never be aware of how difficult it actually is, or the strategy that goes into it.
#30zyrax2301Posted 12/4/2012 12:30:23 PM
^ Kinda like bobsledding

Except bobsledding is exciting
---
Why? Because **** you is why.