This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Ps3 is the only game in town that has the only game in town... BASEBALL!!

#31JiZamezPosted 12/4/2012 2:08:28 PM
BlueSkies7776 posted...
JiZamez posted...
mogar002 posted...
NASCAR is a sport by the definition of it. You need to get over yourself.

By the definition of it?

I guess that makes me an athlete, since I sometimes have to loop around my block a few times to look for parking.

Something tells me you don't know a whole lot about Nascar.

Nascar is as much a sport as monster truck rallies.

Then again, I don't live in the south and live in NYC where there's, you know, tons of things to do other than sit in front of a tv watching cars drive around in a circle for 5 hours or however long that crap takes. Strategy aside, there's way more interesting things to be doing.
---
Playstation 3 Network ID: MapleStory
My Fat Princess, Square-Enix, & other game OST's: http://youtube.com/mapleps3
#32Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 2:10:48 PM
BlueSkies7776 posted...
Not sure what the point of this topic is.

For Baseball fans it is the go to game on consoles.

That, right there, is the point of this topic... mlb the show is now the only game on any console. Are you people trying to be as dense as humanly possibly possible?

This is more about the affects only having one baseball game will have on Sony... I then said mlb show 13 took a hit in graphics like all cross vita games have -- destructoid confirmed this. Reason I brought that up is because now sony has the only baseball game in town will they start taking short cuts and half rectuming the games?

All there was to this...
---
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded, Sophistocrats -- You're welcome.
#33TrickyPonyPosted 12/4/2012 2:56:17 PM
king_madden posted...
BlueSkies7776 posted...
JiZamez posted...
mogar002 posted...
NASCAR is a sport by the definition of it. You need to get over yourself.

By the definition of it?

I guess that makes me an athlete, since I sometimes have to loop around my block a few times to look for parking.

Something tells me you don't know a whole lot about Nascar.

most people who just watch it briefly, or just watch it occasionally dont really know anything about it other than "oh they are driving in a circle". they will never be aware of how difficult it actually is, or the strategy that goes into it.

You could put me into the occasional category. I used to watch it, and my friends were huge fans. I know it's tough (when to pass when to draft) requires lots of strategy (when to pit, how much gas, which tires to use) but all that doesn't make it a sport. Who's the athlete the driver? The driver sits the entire time, that's not a sport. Video games might as well be a sport.
#34zyrax2301Posted 12/4/2012 3:01:50 PM
^ Video games are a sport if you're pro

Haven't you ever seen gamers wearing white towels around their necks at competitions? Only athletes do that.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#35Stanger5150Posted 12/4/2012 3:13:22 PM
It's funny that so many of you say NASCAR isn't a sport... Have any of you ever driven an 800 hp race car at 200 mph for a few hours straight? Pro wrestling though, is acting... it's athletes acting, but it's still acting.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Assassin's Creed III, Okami HD, Nier, Folklore, Dishonored, Dragon Age II, The Lone Ranger
#36king_maddenPosted 12/4/2012 6:22:13 PM
Sophistication posted...
BlueSkies7776 posted...

That, right there, is the point of this topic... mlb the show is now the only game on any console. Are you people trying to be as dense as humanly possibly possible?

This is more about the affects only having one baseball game will have on Sony... I then said mlb show 13 took a hit in graphics like all cross vita games have -- destructoid confirmed this. Reason I brought that up is because now sony has the only baseball game in town will they start taking short cuts and half rectuming the games?

All there was to this...

Ah the point of the topic was just to say mlb the show is the only baseball game, I guess all the bashing of the game itself were just extra.

But answer just 2 questions for me.

1. What does cross play have to do with the graphics of either ps3 or vita?

2. The show 13 doesn't come out for another 3 plus months how are they already talkin graphics?
#37JoeydollazPosted 12/4/2012 6:23:25 PM
It is amazing how this game looks GENS ahead of 2K baseball games lol

so sad.
---
"Metal Gear Rising will be a port on PS3, P+ are xbots devs that never created/developed or even ported Bayonetta on PS3"- 12/2011
#38zyrax2301Posted 12/4/2012 6:24:52 PM
Stanger5150 posted...
It's funny that so many of you say NASCAR isn't a sport... Have any of you ever driven an 800 hp race car at 200 mph for a few hours straight? Pro wrestling though, is acting... it's athletes acting, but it's still acting.

No but I have driven at the speed limit (and sometimes over by a little bit!!) for 8 hours straight, a bunch of times. Am I pro-athlete material?
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#39Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 6:36:33 PM
king_madden posted...
Sophistication posted...
BlueSkies7776 posted...

All there was to this...

Ah the point of the topic was just to say mlb the show is the only baseball game, I guess all the bashing of the game itself were just extra.

But answer just 2 questions for me.

1. What does cross play have to do with the graphics of either ps3 or vita?

2. The show 13 doesn't come out for another 3 plus months how are they already talkin graphics?

I didn't bash the game... I reported the facts as per what destructoid and game informer both said. That the graphics look to have taken a hit due to cross vita development.

They are talking graphics because they have obviously seen and played it. I've seen pics and its certainly disadvantaged compared to 12. Just the facts, dudebrah.
---
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded, Sophistocrats -- You're welcome.
#40chiefofsb78Posted 12/4/2012 6:39:07 PM
Athletes play sports Nascar drivers arent athletes driving a car in circles sure isnt athletic and dont take much skill something got lost in translation when putting Nascar in the sports category i bet they think bull riding is a sport too lmao