This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Ps3 is the only game in town that has the only game in town... BASEBALL!!

#41king_maddenPosted 12/4/2012 6:58:12 PM
so you believe all sites speak 100% facts, and that these sites have the full game 3 months early? Alrighty.

What's also confusing is that you say the graphics are worse because of cross play, and that it looks disadvantaged compared to mlb the show 12. But ummm the show 12 was also on vita AND had cross play.

So I guess now my question is according to you 12 looks fine even though its on vita too and has cross play, but 13 looks worse BECAUSE of vita and cross play how does that work?
#42Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 7:46:27 PM
king_madden posted...
so you believe all sites speak 100% facts, and that these sites have the full game 3 months early? Alrighty.

What's also confusing is that you say the graphics are worse because of cross play, and that it looks disadvantaged compared to mlb the show 12. But ummm the show 12 was also on vita AND had cross play.

So I guess now my question is according to you 12 looks fine even though its on vita too and has cross play, but 13 looks worse BECAUSE of vita and cross play how does that work?

I meant 11... I never played 12. I've seen comparisons and 11 looked more crisp than 12.
---
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded, Sophistocrats -- You're welcome.
#43king_maddenPosted 12/4/2012 10:39:35 PM
Sophistication posted...
king_madden posted...

I meant 11... I never played 12. I've seen comparisons and 11 looked more crisp than 12.

lmao of course now you go further back. please look up all the reviews for 12 that call it the best looking sports game out, and how the graphics look much better than 11.

but yea you go ahead and keep trying to keep your bs afloat lol.
#44Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 10:45:40 PM
king_madden posted...
Sophistication posted...
king_madden posted...

lmao of course now you go further back. please look up all the reviews for 12 that call it the best looking sports game out, and how the graphics look much better than 11.

but yea you go ahead and keep trying to keep your bs afloat lol.

I didn't go back... Didn't you read my post near the top indicating I never played passed 11? That is simply an error -- It'd be a back pedal if I said I played 12 and thought it looked amazing and that cross play didn't affect it. I, however, have never seen 12 running on a console, only side by side comparisons of 11 and it looked worse. Destructoid and Gameinformer both are under the impression, as is Geoff Keighly, that cross vita play waters down the graphical output of Ps3 games.

didn't you watch gametrailers when they were talking about how bad PSASBR looked on Ps3 and how it didn't look like a PS3 retail game? Geoff then states "I believe a lot of that has to do with making sure vita can handle it via cross play"

I'm not alone here... Industry pro's feel the same way. Do your homework.
---
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded, Sophistocrats -- You're welcome.
#45jabboonPosted 12/4/2012 10:53:33 PM
MLB The Show is probably one of the most underated games on PS3 for what it brought to Sony Sales wise, it had the Monopoly on the Entire Baseball market. Now clearly its nowhere near the FPS, Horror, etc, group size....but it still packs a punch.

Now yes Xbox has 2k, but they have literally given up and release horrible games year after year. I really feel bad for Baseball fans that have to deal with it. It would be like asking a CoD fan to stick with Gotham City.

Of all the games on ps3 I have seen EVERY year I constantly see "I Bought a PS3 for this and so glad I did!" on the MLB the Show board or people constantly on an Xbox Baseball forum "Honestly, just buy a ps3 for the Show"

From the beginning it would be cool to see how many PS3s were shipped simply because of the Show.

Even if you don't like Baseball or Sports, its had to deny what positive impacts this game alone brought for Sony this gen.
---
Layin the Crunch Down-The Eredar Legends
#46Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 11:00:54 PM
jabboon posted...
MLB The Show is probably one of the most underated games on PS3 for what it brought to Sony Sales wise, it had the Monopoly on the Entire Baseball market. Now clearly its nowhere near the FPS, Horror, etc, group size....but it still packs a punch.

Now yes Xbox has 2k, but they have literally given up and release horrible games year after year. I really feel bad for Baseball fans that have to deal with it. It would be like asking a CoD fan to stick with Gotham City.

Of all the games on ps3 I have seen EVERY year I constantly see "I Bought a PS3 for this and so glad I did!" on the MLB the Show board or people constantly on an Xbox Baseball forum "Honestly, just buy a ps3 for the Show"

From the beginning it would be cool to see how many PS3s were shipped simply because of the Show.

Even if you don't like Baseball or Sports, its had to deny what positive impacts this game alone brought for Sony this gen.

No, see, that's what no one in this thread understands... They don't have 2K anymore. The SHOW is the only baseball game being made now. 2K has pulled development and resources from their sports line up and Baseball was the 1st to go. There will be no new 2k baseball game... The only game in 13 will be THE SHOW!!!!!

This is what the thread was fundamentally about. It was about how this would affect Sony... And the game itself. Would they reap the benefits of an exclusive by default licensee or would they start taking it easy now they have no competition.

that is what I'm trying to get at here!!!!!!!!
---
#47BlueSkies7776Posted 12/4/2012 11:09:56 PM
We will probably see a new Baseball title in 2014. I really hope so anyway, competition is always good.
---
My good movie of the week: "Coraline"
Game of the month: Heavy Rain (PS3)
#48king_maddenPosted 12/4/2012 11:49:41 PM
Sophistication posted...
jabboon posted...

No, see, that's what no one in this thread understands... They don't have 2K anymore. The SHOW is the only baseball game being made now. 2K has pulled development and resources from their sports line up and Baseball was the 1st to go. There will be no new 2k baseball game... The only game in 13 will be THE SHOW!!!!!

This is what the thread was fundamentally about. It was about how this would affect Sony... And the game itself. Would they reap the benefits of an exclusive by default licensee or would they start taking it easy now they have no competition.

you know whats hilarious, this whole post, is what you claim this topic was about, yet NONE of this was in the OP. you say this was about reaping the benefits or taking it easy, but that wasnt there all that was there was about how the show has been the same for years. more backpedaling i presume?

also I see you mention the other cross play titles as proof, but thing is the show doesnt offer cross play in that way. you cant play ps3 vs vita, so the vita doesnt have to handle anything extra. so again why would the graphics suffer so much from this?
#49jabboonPosted 12/6/2012 8:36:37 AM
Sophistication posted...
jabboon posted...

Oh Ok wow awesome, I knew 2k12 was out and was laughably bad, I just didn't know they were waiving the white flag next year.

Then 2k being canned gives my post 3x more merit. More and more people will HAVE to buy a PS3 if they enjoy Baseball and when this gen is over, MLB the Show will go down as one of the most undervalued game series this gen. (For what it brought to the PS3)

Thankfully PS3s are getting much cheaper, so 360 hardcore Baseball fans can join the party.
---
Layin the Crunch Down-The Eredar Legends