This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

OMG!! MGR Demo hitting PSN 12/13/2012

#31IChangedMyNamePosted 12/5/2012 2:56:10 AM
Hmm... The ZOE HD demo left much to be desired for me.

I like the idea of the game, but it felt really slow to me and the emphasis on the slicing became quite annoying. I didn't give the demo too much time. I know I want the game but I can't determine if its a must have yet.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#32killakPosted 12/5/2012 3:01:02 AM
The crashing, freezing, high heel wearing and dual stick slicing control, really hampered my enjoyment of it.
---
"does the game give you any guidance at some point? How do I f***ing figure s*** out?" - darksydephil, trying to beat the opening of Bayonetta
#33IChangedMyNamePosted 12/5/2012 3:04:34 AM
killak posted...
The crashing, freezing, high heel wearing and dual stick slicing control, really hampered my enjoyment of it.

Killak seems to have had the same experience as me, ok I thought it was just me..

The slicing part, not the high heels part.
---
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#34IHeartMetroidPosted 12/5/2012 3:12:36 AM
Meh.

I'm a huge Metal Gear fan and this gives me 0 interest.
#35killakPosted 12/5/2012 3:15:10 AM
Killak seems to have had the same experience as me, ok I thought it was just me..

The slicing part, not the high heels part.

lol.

Yeah, I just couldn't get comfortable with the manual slashing in either configuration. Running and holding the slice button inadvertently made the camera look up, and when I switched the sticks it just didn't feel right at all. Felt like my left hand was doing too much.
---
My instant game collection - http://tinyurl.com/dxq27an
#36IChangedMyNamePosted 12/5/2012 3:23:50 AM
killak posted...
lol.

Yeah, I just couldn't get comfortable with the manual slashing in either configuration. Running and holding the slice button inadvertently made the camera look up, and when I switched the sticks it just didn't feel right at all. Felt like my left hand was doing too much.

For me, the emphasis on the slicing killed it.

It's like is this gonna be how its done in every enemy encounter?

Maybe it'd be cool in specific segments of the game and the game itself will be a mashup of crazy speed and flying body parts and a bloody cyborg ninja standing in the after math of it all... But the demo, really, really drew me off.

I'm hoping they were just trying to show us that specific quality of the game and it'll be more like what I said above.
---
#37SubSeenixPosted 12/5/2012 3:50:11 AM
velvet_hammer posted...
gucciburrr posted...
If this is the demo that came with ZoE collection, prepare to rage. Awful, awful showing...

lol no

Don't say no.
The Demo that was with ZoE is complete garbage

Hopefully its an other build this time
#38danny_S_06Posted 12/5/2012 5:49:25 AM
I played the ZoE demo and I didn't encounter a sinlge crash or freeze and I've been it 5+ times.
---
PSN: CaptainSellers (UK)