This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Best Perk of Downloading Games (To Me)

#1Pete41608Posted 12/4/2012 5:31:53 AM
When your friends ask to borrow them & you tell them 'Its on the Hard Drive.' Seriously, i've had best friends who couldn't borrow anything without 'losing it.' One time I let a Best Friend use my Sega Saturn for a Summer while I was out of town. Came back found out he let another one of my Best Friends borrow it. Go to get it back and he says 'Herp Derp Not Sure Where It's At.' (An Obvious Lie)

Anyway that was 12 Years Ago and I bring it up every now & then to F with him, he always quickly goes into excuses ( Hardly Ever the same one) & its Hilarious.

TL;DR I'd Rather DL Games Im Gonna Keep Because Friends Who Are a Little Too Down With O.P.P.
---
PSN: Pete41608
3DS: 1203-9244-2418
#2Pereb27Posted 12/4/2012 5:34:56 AM
But then you get friends who ask for your account to get the game for free.
#3este914Posted 12/4/2012 5:36:11 AM
Or, you know, you can excersize some self control and say to this 'best friend' of yours; "sorry but not this time dude."
---
-> este914 <-
WHO ELSE?!
#4HomstarRunnerPosted 12/4/2012 5:37:57 AM
Were you Just Not sure Which Words to capitalize when you Wrote that?

Anyway, your problem is obviously your crappy friends.
---
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars - The greatest PSN game you've never played
The new PSN store is a train wreck.
#5Pete41608(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 5:41:53 AM
My PSN Activations are maxed. So no go there. lol. After a few friends would borrow something and 'Lose It' I was finally like 'Let you borrow it? You'll give it back? Haha, you said that last time' so I say nope.
---
#6killakPosted 12/4/2012 5:45:14 AM
I have no problem saying "no, you cannot borrow it" to absolutely anybody.

I don't need excuses.

It is good logic on your part though, and it's fool proof
---
Before stooping to grammar correction, ask yourself.... "Am I really stuck with nothing to say?"
#7Pete41608(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 5:57:53 AM
You're right killak, definitely don't need to make any excuses when it comes to letting someone borrow our property. I learned very quickly that my friends were not very good at taking care of anyones belongings. lol. So its easy to say no quickly.

I'd also like to point out these friends are not 'crappy' they are just horrible when it comes to borrowing stuff and not taking care of it. I'm not one to get easily mad about something that can be easily replaced. Although if my PS3 or my 3DS was messed with in their current state (Downloads, Saves) I'd be very very mad.
---
#8killakPosted 12/4/2012 6:00:41 AM
It's funny when you meet people that don't f*** around when it comes to the harsh truth.

I love watching people make excuses, only for me to cut in and say "just say you don't want to"

Even harsher, is the simple fact that I don't trust other people to baby my property as I do. Sounds like an OCD, but I paid for it, it's mine and if you want it, you can buy one.

I give more stuff away, than allow people to borrow.
---
Greer Logic: "I don't want a game that's always the same. I want a game that never changes"
#9crazyman32Posted 12/4/2012 6:05:11 AM
killak posted...
It's funny when you meet people that don't f*** around when it comes to the harsh truth.

I love watching people make excuses, only for me to cut in and say "just say you don't want to"

Even harsher, is the simple fact that I don't trust other people to baby my property as I do. Sounds like an OCD, but I paid for it, it's mine and if you want it, you can buy one.

I give more stuff away, than allow people to borrow.

I think the same way I don't let friends borrow my games and if they don't like that is too bad don't care.I tell them you want the game then go out and buy it.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM
#10Pete41608(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 6:10:16 AM
I'm very similar when it comes to giving away as opposed to letting borrow. I've given away games, accessories, etc. For no reason but just to help someone out.

I've been playing video games since I was 4, I remember my older brother would always treat his video games and machines practically like they was part of the family. lol. I'm like that 10x worse. Haha.
---