This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does your created ME2 or ME3 character get imported into ME (PSN)?

#11AnonUnknownPosted 12/4/2012 7:48:44 AM
lolwut, it's like asking if a 360 game runs on the XBox1.
#12DestinPosted 12/4/2012 7:49:41 AM
the most important part of the import are the storyline choices, which characters die during XYZ events. since those events didn't happen yet, importing serves no purpose.
---
Destin the Valiant
#13killakPosted 12/4/2012 7:50:10 AM
I don't mean the skills. I mean the "looks" of the character, the sex and class....I wouldn't expect the skill trees to be the same.

that does make sense, but even then Mass Effect 1 is the beginning. It's where all your decisions commence. It would be pointless bringing over anything from an established character

You shouldn't even be contemplating going 2,3,1. You got to make your character in 2, based off decisions you make in the original (well the comic version of it), then take him through to 3.

them releasing the trilogy, gives you the chance to experience the whole trilogy. Start again and play it as the developers intended.

Be warned though, the fast paced shooter mechanics of 2 and 3, don't exist in the first game.
---
My instant game collection - http://tinyurl.com/dxq27an
#14NicodimusPosted 12/4/2012 7:58:19 AM
Nicodimus posted...
I'm not quite sure why you think that would be possible. It's not a time-travel game where you travel into the past.

I would think it would be "possible" since it's a VIDEO GAME and not real life.

It doesn't seem that far fetched to allow PS3 owners, who didn't have the opportunity to play it in the "correct order" to preserve the character that they spent hours creating.

Is this really such a difficult idea to grasp? Smh.

It's completely backwards and illogical. Sorry, but I'm too old to sugar-coat things.
---
PSN #1: Nicodimus - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Kaylee (Fighter)
PSN #2: Nicodimus222 - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Mina (Mage)
#15Kalo_KenobiPosted 12/4/2012 8:03:00 AM
Not sure why you guys are all over the OP, he simply asked if you can carry over his looks gender to the first mass effect. This is a valid question, if we are going to finish the trilogy we might as well finish with the Shepard that we created in ME2.
#16TiaelPosted 12/4/2012 8:06:08 AM
Kalo_Kenobi posted...
Not sure why you guys are all over the OP, he simply asked if you can carry over his looks gender to the first mass effect. This is a valid question, if we are going to finish the trilogy we might as well finish with the Shepard that we created in ME2.

Except that Shepard doesn't exist.
And they weren't going to have it go backwards.

Create a character that looks like the one you have in ME2/ME3, that's the closest he'll get.

I know I'll be playing through 2 and 3 again after finally going through 1, so I'll either create a new look or make one that looks similar.
---
Ni no Kuni - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kUPIPBDA-I
Dragon Quest > Tales of > Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all three. Da Bears!
#17Kalo_KenobiPosted 12/4/2012 8:11:42 AM
Tiael posted...

Except that Shepard doesn't exist.
And they weren't going to have it go backwards.

Create a character that looks like the one you have in ME2/ME3, that's the closest he'll get.

I know I'll be playing through 2 and 3 again after finally going through 1, so I'll either create a new look or make one that looks similar.

The game has similar face database, so it is possible to get similar Shepard. Just have to match up the data between the two game.
#18carib2g(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 8:12:15 AM
Nicodimus posted...
Nicodimus posted...
I'm not quite sure why you think that would be possible. It's not a time-travel game where you travel into the past.

I would think it would be "possible" since it's a VIDEO GAME and not real life.

It doesn't seem that far fetched to allow PS3 owners, who didn't have the opportunity to play it in the "correct order" to preserve the character that they spent hours creating.

Is this really such a difficult idea to grasp? Smh.

It's completely backwards and illogical. Sorry, but I'm too old to sugar-coat things.

LoL. Ok, you WIN grandpa.

It was a simple question.

It's good that things that may seem "illogical" never happen in the video game industry.

I'm sorry for posting such a crazy and outlandish question! How silly of me...
---
Favorite 2012 Games: Sleeping Dogs, Mass Effect 3, Max Payne 3, DOA5, Hitman
Gamercard: http://ps3heroes.com/hero/Carib2g
#19carib2g(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 8:21:49 AM
Kalo_Kenobi posted...

Thank you Kalo. At least there's one other level-headed person in here.
---
Favorite 2012 Games: Sleeping Dogs, Mass Effect 3, Max Payne 3, DOA5, Hitman
Gamercard: http://ps3heroes.com/hero/Carib2g
#20mogar002Posted 12/4/2012 8:23:09 AM
It's hard to be level headed with such a dumb question.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg