This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 is the No.1 Netflix streaming device

#31archizzyPosted 12/4/2012 11:55:50 AM(edited)
But it would certainly be entertaining to see how the perceptions of Netflix changed around here.

Well I will tell you my stance before any changes take place so you don't confuse it with being "anti-Microsoft"

I think Netflix is poor. I think Amazon prime streaming is poor. I think all streaming sites are rather poor. Sure it will work in a pinch or when I'm stuck at work but to choose that when I'm at home at my main setup? Not a chance in hell.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#32LordOfCinderPosted 12/4/2012 11:56:10 AM
ComfortablySad posted...
Sucks for Sony then that Microsoft might be buying Netflix.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57541539-93/netflix-stock-rises-on-microsoft-acquisition-rumor/

It may or may not change much. Skype is owned by Microsoft, but it's available on the Vita.

Who knows, though. I don't really about Netflix either way.
#33CrimsonGear80Posted 12/4/2012 12:13:13 PM
well, there's 70 million PS3s, it doesn't cost an extra 60 bucks to use, and it's in HD.

Yeah, it's not farfetched that it's the most used.
---
DmC looks like a good game. I also enjoyed the latest Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games. I like video games.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif NNID: ArsenalGear
#34JahkeemyorkPosted 12/4/2012 12:47:18 PM
MourningReigns posted...
SerialVandal posted...
ComfortablySad posted...
Sucks for Sony then that Microsoft might be buying Netflix.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57541539-93/netflix-stock-rises-on-microsoft-acquisition-rumor/

Holy crap, that's kinda a big deal actually O.o

Netflix would still be on Sony and Nintendo products because they want to make money. It's like saying Sony games won't be on PC because Microsoft owns Windows.

Well I haven't seen a Sony device on Windows yet. Everytime Sony makes some device it has to use some brand new format only they use.

Now Sony programs are a different thing, as Media Go uses Windows.
#35oxnerdPosted 12/4/2012 1:55:55 PM
I used to stream Netflix on Wii but it was a hassle with the wiimote 'cause I had to turn it off manually (I'd remove the battery and put it back in). The PS3 is a little more convenient even more that the Wii U 'cause I don't know how to turn that dang gamepad off without turning off the console, guessing you can't.
#36CrimsonGear80Posted 12/4/2012 1:59:28 PM
^home button--->-controller settings---->turn gamepad off.
---
DmC looks like a good game. I also enjoyed the latest Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games. I like video games.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif NNID: ArsenalGear
#37Still__RippinPosted 12/4/2012 1:59:35 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
mogar002 posted...
I wish it wasn't, I'm tired of 20 people on my friends watching it at the same time.

Because what other people are doing on their systems affects you?? Oh....wait.....no, it doesn't *facepalm*

Lol! Right. I doubt mogar is playing anything MP in the first place so I don't know why he cares. Maybe he gets jealous of them.
---
Regardless of how many people call me a troll I always speak the truth.
Currently playing- Magic 2013, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Black Ops 2, Demons Souls
#38kingofall214Posted 12/4/2012 2:00:29 PM
zUkUu posted...
what is netflix and why should I care about it? (europe here, so fill me in)

That's a joke right? Europe doesn't have Netflix? My god! You have Hulu right?
#39singhellotakuPosted 12/4/2012 2:08:17 PM
I'm rather suprised, between the layouts for the ps3, 360, and wii, I've always found the ps3's to be the most cumbersome, unless they revised it in the last 4 months or so.
#40SkelterMelterPosted 12/4/2012 2:17:07 PM
kingofall214 posted...
zUkUu posted...
what is netflix and why should I care about it? (europe here, so fill me in)

That's a joke right? Europe doesn't have Netflix? My god! You have Hulu right?

Nope, Hulu is US only. My country only got Netflix two months ago.