This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

About to open up my PS3 slim to clean it...

#11work_a_holicPosted 12/4/2012 2:45:58 PM
firefoxts5 posted...
Get a can of air dust remover and spray the vents.

Don't do this. It pushes the dust further in.

You don't need to take it apart. It is fine. Just take a low power vacuum to all of the vents and you'll be good.
#12ElBorak77Posted 12/4/2012 2:49:30 PM(edited)
firefoxts5 posted...
Get a can of air dust remover and spray the vents.

unless you want to ruin your system, then go for it genius.

i've had my old slim for 3 years and always on the carpet. never had a problem.
---
PSN El_Borak_77
#13superlativeformPosted 12/4/2012 2:54:07 PM
Cooldude4389 posted...
Anything I need to know prior to breaking the warranty seal, and nuking my PS3's interior with compressed air? Any tips are appreciated.

I suggest having a tray and set the screws aside in the order you take them out, so you don't get confused reassembling. If you're replacing the thermal paste, don't go crazy with it. Also, if you are trying to separate something and you really have to force it, then stop. It's overall not to bad to disassemble; well better than the old 360 (pain in the !@#). Following a guide can help too.
---
Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here.
PSN: Contra_Croix
#14ozranPosted 12/4/2012 2:57:56 PM
Get a vacuum with a hose atatchment and a low setting and use that on the vents. Sony actually suggests a vacuum
---
That does it! I have had it with these mother****ing trolls on this mother****ing board!!! -mercuryblade09
#15vu_cometPosted 12/4/2012 3:03:30 PM
If it is not under warranty anymore... Why are you so worried about opening it up. It is pretty much no different than opening any other electronic product. Just make sure it is unplugged from the wall outlet and open it up.
---
With your bad back, I don't think you should be picking up any girls.
I went ice fishing the other day and all I caught was a cold.
#16CriticalFuryPosted 12/4/2012 3:58:24 PM
the ps3 slim has like 3 screws in the front that need to be open with a Torx T8 bit. heres a video on opening and cleaning the internal dust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgCI8myCnLI
---
"They say I can't lose, I say you can't win."- Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!