This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I the only one who doesn't care much for Sony's first party line up?

#11MadDewgPosted 12/4/2012 10:49:39 AM(edited)
I never have either, at least for the PS2 and 3. Its all about those third party rpgs and action games for me.
---
GTag:MadDogg730 PSN:lMadDogg Playin' bayonetta, dungeon fighter live, gears of war 3, tales of graces, borderlands, dust: an elysian tail.
#12MadDewgPosted 12/4/2012 10:54:29 AM
But the days of third party exclusives are long gone. Only exclusives you'll find these days are from first parties. So, it's up to Sony and Microsoft to make and publish good first party games to sell their systems. All third party games can be bought on either system. When it comes to first party IP's, Sony's at least trying to come up with new stuff, where Microsoft keeps rehashing Halo, Gears of War and Forza. We could say the same about Nintendo with Mario and Zelda, but they still sell and they know that's why people buy their systems.

Xbox live arcade has more "new" and "original" stuff then PSN, 360, and PS3 retail games combined. If it wasn't for xbla, this generation would have been way more boring for me than it already is when it comes to console gaming.
---
GTag:MadDogg730 PSN:lMadDogg Playin' bayonetta, dungeon fighter live, gears of war 3, tales of graces, borderlands, dust: an elysian tail.
#13LLL_DeadlyPosted 12/4/2012 10:59:14 AM
PangLa posted...
AsucaHayashi posted...
the only console anyone should ever own for first party titles is a nintendo console... and even their launch of the new console was a bust.


Too bad 95% of their 1st party games are platformers and party games and the other 5% are JRPGS. No variety whatsoever.


...What? The Legend of Zelda, commonly known as the greatest video game series of all time, is not a platformer, party game or a JRPG.
#14JurassicBondPosted 12/4/2012 11:04:33 AM(edited)
It wasn't a factor when I bought the system, though I did end up enjoying the inFamous, Little Big Planet and God of War franchises quite a bit.
---
Reading: The Great War for Civilisation: The Conquest of the Middle East - R. Fisk
http://i.imgur.com/AUbFA.jpg http://i.imgur.com/nYklT.jpg
#15yoshi006Posted 12/4/2012 11:13:25 AM
I have a few first-party Sony games, but my favorites are third-party.
---
Good gameplay can easily salvage a bad story.
Good story can never save bad gameplay.
#16KOTRwhoopsPosted 12/4/2012 11:42:38 AM
All 20-25 PS3 games I own are PS3 exclusive.
---
PLAYING - Far Cry 3 (360), Walking Dead (360), Tales Of Graces f (PS3)
MOST WANTED - FFvsXIII, GTAV, Ni No Kuni, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns
#17TheBorderColliePosted 12/4/2012 12:09:36 PM
By and large...for the majority of gamers these days.....I don't think exclusivity is what they care about. With a few exceptions, most of the best selling titles are third-party.

Sony has some good exclusive titles. But we've also seen some rather poor sales for those games. Part of that is due to Sony's traditional crappy marketing. And some of it is because they simply aren't hitting that "sweet spot" for what people want.
---
Happy to see the return of TBC: 137
"Rasmussen wasn't really wrong, the election itself was." - CM_Punk_sXe
#18TheBorderColliePosted 12/4/2012 12:14:49 PM
From: Polish| #001
Before anyone jumps to conclusions this is not a bash thread.

PS: The fact that you felt you needed to start the topic with that sentence is a rather sad statement about this board....Especially when there wasn't anything inflammatory about your topic title or how you set up your poll.
---
Happy to see the return of TBC: 137
"Rasmussen wasn't really wrong, the election itself was." - CM_Punk_sXe
#19PolishCockatiel(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 12:18:44 PM
TheBorderCollie posted...
From: Polish| #001
Before anyone jumps to conclusions this is not a bash thread.

PS: The fact that you felt you needed to start the topic with that sentence is a rather sad statement about this board....Especially when there wasn't anything inflammatory about your topic title or how you set up your poll.


Eh, I know how some people can interpret things and see subtleties that aren't actually there : - / I actually went through this with an ex friend who experienced a psychotic break down the other year and one of the interests we had in common was video games.