This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games you wish you never played ONLY so you can "freshly" re-experience them?

#1SayoriaPosted 12/4/2012 11:55:09 AM
I am sure some people have said to themselves "Damn, that was a good game" or "Damn, that was a fun game", but knowing how to play a game and what to expect sort of kills a drive of expectation...... to me atleast.

So, if you believe you feel this way too, what games would you like to "re-experience" if you could?

Me, particularly:

Dragon Warrior 7 - Loved it to death, but a driving force was learning what each island's problem was. I at this point forgot what about 25% of the islands problems were, so I might play it again soon.

Catherine - This one was fun to learn, but once I got the hang of it, it became too easy. Starting fresh, not knowing what you are doing at first was a very fun experience, and re-experiencing Stage 6's boss and going "Wth...???" would be great again.
---
Sailor Moon returns 2013! O_o
#2TheTrueNubPosted 12/4/2012 11:56:53 AM
Persona 3. I wish I could experience that entire game like I had never played it before again.

Dat atmosphere, dat ending, dat music.
---
Keep calm and hee-ho
http://i.imgur.com/8JzkT.png
#3gr0mkakm0rgPosted 12/4/2012 12:00:43 PM
GTA III. It was the first in the current GTA style gameplay and it was just AMAZING and AWESOME to me when it first came out. I remember just playing non-stop for days on end and not really doing anything else.
---
You say "greed" as though it's a bad thing...
#4osboesPosted 12/4/2012 12:04:48 PM(edited)
Heavy Rain would be a good game to experience again without foreknowledge. Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney was another decent story driven game worth playing again should my memory be wiped. It's fun but the first time is always the best.
#5alphonsoeqPosted 12/4/2012 12:05:33 PM
Heavy Rain. It's the only game I've played where I can't compare it to any other I've played

Dark souls My top game of this gen

A game I wish I hadn't played so it didn't ruin a franchise for me is dragon age 2
---
Currently playing- BO2, Romance of the 3 kingdoms 3, Dark Souls.
#6GoatJugSoupPosted 12/4/2012 12:20:58 PM
Heavy Rain
God of War III
---
http://psnprofiles.com/goatjugsoup1278
GW2 Character Name: Ranger Goat of Yogi, Guild: Knights of Chicken
#7wrightreyesrockPosted 12/4/2012 12:22:19 PM
The first two Metroid Primes
---
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 3611 1741 9366
#8Willie_MakeitPosted 12/4/2012 12:22:49 PM
Chrono Trigger
#9Auron27Posted 12/4/2012 12:23:15 PM
Demon's Souls. Something about the atmosphere and the first time you go up against some of the huge bosses was amazing. Love Dark Souls as well, but it wasn't the same.
---
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."-Socrates
#10DocDeliciousPosted 12/4/2012 12:23:18 PM
Demon's Souls and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. These two have made it so that I'm unable to enjoy any other ARPGs the way I used to.

Daggerfall and Morrowind. Can't enjoy other open-world RPGs.

Resonance of Fate. Can't enjoy other JRPGs anymore.

Vanquish and Shadows of the Damned. Can't enjoy other TPSs.

Thief, Thief 3 and MGS2. Other Stealth games just don't compare.

Borderlands 2 has set the bar for online co-op in my eyes.

And Far Cry 3 is quickly becoming my basis for comparison with all other FPS titles.

lolbleak
---
Playing - Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3, Vanquish, MGS HD Col, Resonance of Fate, Monster Hunter FU, Shadows of the Damned, Valkyria Chronicles
PSN: DocDelicious