This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games you wish you never played ONLY so you can "freshly" re-experience them?

#81heyexclamationPosted 12/4/2012 4:28:46 PM
viserdes posted...
Fallout III / NV.

new vegas for me too. i played only that game for almost an entire year in spite of all it's glitches
#82TheSuspectedPosted 12/4/2012 4:29:15 PM
Super Mario 64. Running with Mario, jumping, flipping, hearing him speak in 3D brought me to tears all those years ago. To this day I remember every single star location. I once waited 5 years to try and forget everything. Didn't work.

Dragon Quest VII. I also waited a few years before trying this one again, and it actually worked. Probably because the first time I used a FAQ 100% of the time. The second time I played blind and nothing really came back to me but the story. Definitely the best DQ (REMAKE COMING YAY) with DQVIII right behind it.

Another mention to 999, I played that from 12am to 7am every night for a week (had to be to work at 8am). Some nights were.. scarier than others.

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor, Persona 3, and TWEWY. All similar in story style, all had me hooked long after I completed them (with the exception of Persona 3, but I got to the final boss and accidentally deleted my save).

BlazBlue Calamity Trigger. Single handedly got me to become a traditional fighter fanatic. Street Fighter, Soul Calibur, Killer Instinct.. all of that was just for fun, spamming and turtling. I say traditional because I participated in Smash Bros. tournaments before moving on.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. First game ever that I would only play once a week, on Saturday. I remember attempting to play it whenever I had a chance but I would turn it off after 5 minutes for some reason. On Saturdays I would play 12 hours straight, more than making up for time lost. And it still took months to beat it because, to this day, whenever there's a Zora domain I get stuck.

I'll name a few more and be on my way:
Diablo 2, Phantasy Star Online Ep 1+2, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the 7 Stars, Final Fantasy VII, VIII and X, Pokemon RBY, Dragon Quest Monsters 1. And many, many more.
---
PSN: NaRD2ndG | Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/nard2ndg | www.twitch.tv/nard2ndg
Now streaming: P4: Arena, PlayStationAllStarsBattleR
#83DanahellPosted 12/4/2012 4:39:41 PM
All Final Fantasies so I can play them in order and see how true is the nostalgia factor.
---
American beer is like making love in a canoe. It's ****ing close to water
#84Ness0123456789Posted 12/4/2012 4:51:34 PM
Mega Man.

I would love to be someone whose never played a single Mega Man game, and just now discover the series. Between the sixteen classic games, the eight X games, the six Battle Network Games, the four Zero Games, the Three Starforce games, and the two Legend and ZX games...

Yeah, I'd give anything to be able to play those games all over again without knowing a thing about them. Sure, there's a few bad apples in there... But I'd still replay them all again for the first time if I could.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#85four_starPosted 12/4/2012 4:56:44 PM
I want to play Eternal Darkness again for the first time.
---
Jesus loves you! (Just kidding...there's no Jesus)
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=623001936
#86zUkUuPosted 12/4/2012 4:59:19 PM
Danahell posted...
All Final Fantasies so I can play them in order and see how true is the nostalgia factor.

it's huge. (for all games)

You always have to see the game at its time to be able to get what's about it. Sadly that's not really possible (even with good intentions). there are only a few games that still hold up in every aspect.
#87LtCardboardPosted 12/4/2012 5:20:13 PM
The World Ends With You.

That game came out of nowhere and blew my mind the entire way through. So fresh, even to this day.
---
Vanquish review:
http://critical-mission.blogspot.com/2011/08/vanquish-review.html
#88carsaucePosted 12/4/2012 5:24:43 PM
Either you forget the game, or you get a memory swipe, some people have a bad memory, like me, and so we forget how the game was, if we haven't played it in a while.

for me it would be Halo1 again and Halo2, and Hitman Silent 2 Assassin, I can't remember how those games are now, and kinda miss playin them, as for PS3 well there are games i finished off and on, but I finished Sleeping Dogs, and gonna start to play it again or finished Max Payne 3, and that was amazing and now feel like playing it again, since its all a blur to me. I am going to restart Heavy Rain, since i never finished it and that game was fun to play=)
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#89carsaucePosted 12/4/2012 5:25:50 PM
Chrono Trigger

Seriously, the rpg that introduced time travel and such a epic story
gotta love that RPG
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#90afireinside7844Posted 12/4/2012 5:28:05 PM
Mario 64 was the first game that I remember playing, so that probably tops the list, as I was absolutely amazed. I think basically I'd just want to go back to being a child and reexperience almost everything for the first time