This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games you wish you never played ONLY so you can "freshly" re-experience them?

#91zUkUuPosted 12/4/2012 6:45:24 PM
Ah yeah, Gothic.

That was so intense at the time I've played it.
#92sonic_rockzPosted 12/4/2012 6:46:46 PM
Bearprint posted...
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.

That atmosphere blew me out of my window. The title-screen alone (scene that takes a couple of minutes) is more artistic and mesmerising than most full games today.

Even though now I'm exclusively a PC gamer, MGS4 is my favorite game of all time. Playing through the game again but playing the commentary on your iPod was SUCH a great experience for me. Dunno why, just loved it.
---
Paper is OP, scissors is fine. - Rock
#93Great_AetherPosted 12/4/2012 6:49:29 PM
Morrowind
Nier
Ico
Shadow of the Colossus
Persona 4
Skyrim
Eternal Darkness
Zelda OoT and MM
Skies of Arcadia
Pokemon Red and Blue
FF VIII, IX, Tactics
---
Sometimes when you're asleep, I lick your face. -Gabo, DQVII
#94IllegalSplicerPosted 12/4/2012 7:07:02 PM
theshoveller posted...
Phantasy Star 4. My reasoning? Not so I can "experience the amazingness it once held when it was all new," but actually so I can sit back and objectively look at it and know if it really is a good game by today's standards, or if it's a game that, while great back then, has aged poorly. I know I have a soft spot for it, and I think it's causing me to think too highly of it than it actually is.

So, wipe my mind, let me play it again. See if it's still as amazing as I thought, and think it is right now. If it is, cool. If not, then why am I such a fan of it when it hasn't stood up to the test of time?

I only played the game this year, and I thought it was amazing. The combat is really well done. The combo system, while irritating without macros, is great. The animation still works, and the cutscenes are pretty great, since they look like manga. The music still is catchy and worth listening to, even when I am doing non-videogame related things. I would give the game a 9/10.

I wish that I never played Klonoa: Door to Phantomile, so I could replay it and be so incredibly shocked by the ending.
---
Wahoo!
#95QuetzalmaPosted 12/4/2012 7:11:41 PM
Pokemon games
Final Fantasy games
Pretty much every RPG game
#96ThunderMan63Posted 12/4/2012 7:15:40 PM
skyrim. most definitely skyrim because i would love to play the game again, because im one of those people who play the game and use/listen to all of the details, and even if im a different race, it still wouldnt feel just quite right like the first time i had played it.
#97bretnsidPosted 12/4/2012 7:16:25 PM
The MGS series, Uncharted 2 & 3, The Walking Dead, and Heavy Rain.
---
Metal Gear Solid 4 : Guns of the Patriots! (4/15/06)
Damn the Patriots! Sneak Out 6.12.08 - SNAAAAKE!
#98carsaucePosted 12/4/2012 7:19:11 PM
Ah yeah, Gothic.

That was so intense at the time I've played it.

For me it was when you actually smoked weed in a video game
O_o
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#99JackalfoxPosted 12/4/2012 7:19:16 PM
Assassin's Creed II. That was the game that officially opened me up to Western-developed games.The story was great, the gameplay was fresh and new to me at the time, the setting was rich... I really wish I could re-experience that game for the first time.
---
Now Playing - Nothing, because my Xbox 360's disc drive is borked. :(
#100FluorescentVoidPosted 12/4/2012 7:19:43 PM
Fallout 3, I would be amazed at leaving the vault every time.
---
Always follow your dreams, except for that one where you're in public naked.
I'm Alek, for the record.