This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Going to go pick up Far Cry 3 in about an hour. Hows the game?

#1Slayer7861Posted 12/4/2012 2:03:06 PM
Hows the game?
---
Currently Playing: Black ops II, Hitman: Absolution
Waiting for: Far Cry 3 - Current Console: Playstation 3
#2Dave4202Posted 12/4/2012 2:04:34 PM
I was just as blown away by Far Cry 3 within the first hour as I was within the first hour of Far Cry 2. So ya, it's pretty great.
---
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/overview/?name=KingGuy420&platform=ps3
#3darkshadowmasterPosted 12/4/2012 2:07:01 PM
I would really like to give them my money but they don't seem to want to update the store.

>.<
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#4nclrwntrPosted 12/4/2012 2:07:06 PM
How's the framerate? I read it's around 24fps on PS3.
#5DocDeliciousPosted 12/4/2012 2:20:23 PM
Gameplay is amazing.
Storyline is incredibly solid, which is rare for an open-world game (especially one so huge).
The island has a "slice of life" feel to it instead of characters/animals looking like they're just going through pre-set animations. For example; I was hunting deer near one of the first outposts you come across, tagged a couple with my camera and began to follow one that was wandering away from the group (so I could take it down quietly with the bow). The deer ended up walking to a small pond, took a drink and then continued along the edge of the water. I watched it walk around the upper corner of the pond and all of a sudden a f****** crocodile leaps out of the water, drags the deer under and puts it in a death roll. Just a completely random event because the deer happened to wander too close to the croc. Stuff like that happens all the time.
Human enemies act very naturally although their sight-lines are a bit wonky at times (meaning they don't see what they should not the other way around).

Yah, so far it's a great game.

No FPS problems or screen tearing that I've noticed. Few jaggies when looking at detailed objects from a distance but that's about it.
---
Playing - Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3, Vanquish, MGS HD Col, Resonance of Fate, Monster Hunter FU, Shadows of the Damned, Valkyria Chronicles
PSN: DocDelicious