This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What old @$$ game do you play to this very day.

#261GunXIPosted 12/5/2012 5:28:44 PM
I know I'm one of the VERY few who loved this game, but I still boot up Twisted Metal 3 on my OG PS3 every now and agian.
Loved the way the driving physics worked in that game and the Rob Zombie soundtrack is great.
---
PSN: GumXI
XBL: Xavier Mc
#262Ertrick36Posted 12/5/2012 5:37:50 PM
AwayFromHere posted...
4 years is old to you?

There are games from the 80s I still play.

This is what you call a "hipster gamer". Just poking fun here.

But I do think that 4 years isn't too entirely old. In relativity to other games of this generation, it is very old. And that's what it really comes down to right now. But in retrospect, it is not that old at all. I have played some of the oldest games; nothing like the Odessy (from the 60's I think), but I have played a rendition of Pong as well as a plethora of games from the 80's. Back in those days a lot of judgment was based on the quality of sound and graphics, or "bits" as they were commonly called. If you ever here the term "8-bit", it would usually refer to graphics or audio that is of the same quality as that of a Nintendo Entertainment System; 16-bit is equivalent to the bits of a Super NES, and 32-bit is equivalent to a Sega Genesis. Nowadays, however, retro games are more based off of the quality of gameplay instead of the bits, whereas modern games are being judged based off of the quality of graphics and audio, though that form of judgment is on a downturn, since we are starting to push the limits of graphics capabilities. What's the biggest factor on whether a game is good or not is usually the hype, the reviews, and the launch sales; not many popular game industries pay attention too much to the opinions of the players, it seems; when the game industries do pay attention, however, you get a stupid fanbase like that of Capcom's that is just absolutely torn on whether or not Resident Evil 6 was the best thing in the world or not, which is very unfortunate.

To address the topic proposed, the oldest game I play to this day is (ironically enough, since I was just talking about it with a negative connotation) Resident Evil. Otherwise, I will be found playing the Elder Scrolls, Fallout 3/NV, or MGS (almost as old as Resident Evil). I hardly bother with some of the newer games like Call of Duty Black Ops II or whatever else there is out there that I don't hear about or don't remember in my little cave of obscurity and semi-hipsterism...
---
What determines whether a game is good is your experience every time you play the game, not the opinions of other people (unless you let it do so).
#263baodeusPosted 12/5/2012 5:45:25 PM
Pong
Minesweeper
Landstalker
secret of mana
Thunder force 4
capcom vs snk 2

but mostly just phantom dust
#264ajko000Posted 12/5/2012 5:49:38 PM
I still play Yoshi's Island, and some of the older Sonic games.

More consistently though, I play Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 here and there, maybe some Sonic Heroes, the Metroid Prime Trilogy, Banjo Kazooie/Tooie, Zelda OoT & MM, aaaand..... Basically anything from the Gamecube down :i.
---
Nothing to see here, but the post below me sure looks suspicious.
#265mumpsy21Posted 12/5/2012 5:54:11 PM
tonyalmaeda posted...
Its been 4 years and I still play Devil May Cry 4. The greatest free flowing action game ever createdby that. Just out of the blue I said hmph, let me get on some Bloody Palace. Started at 2:30 and around 3:58 I made it to the end just to get WACKED by that PUNK @$$ DANTE!!! Next time he's going down.

I love DMC4, I love playing the Bloody Palace and I still play the game to this day.

What about you? What old game do you still play to this day?

DMC4 too. I started playing since it came out, and I've gone back to finish it twice the past 2 years.
---
Rorschaq posted...
Christians only act like Christ when it's convenient to do so
#266oldgamingfanPosted 12/5/2012 5:54:19 PM
i am an old gamer so i play alot of old games but my favorite old games are phantasy star 1 and 4 ogre battle 64 fallout 2 legend of zelda a link to the past all the old final fantasys warsong all the doom games star wars knights of the old republic 1 and 2 morrowind tactics ogre star wars rogue sqaudron series freedom fighters early resident evil games etc the list goes on

i just like older games better than new games
---
the end of the world is coming and i am ready
#267dacekidPosted 12/5/2012 5:59:49 PM
Pong
---
Here lies the graves of gamefaq users pwn'd by dacekid. May they rest in peace: RyuuHou25
#268RyanSBHFPosted 12/5/2012 6:00:28 PM
Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt. I got it along with my first NES back in Christmas 1988. The original cartridge still works but I'm on my third Nintendo.
#269SharmHedgehogPosted 12/5/2012 6:06:49 PM
2D fighters have aged very well. I still play King of Fighters '98, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Third Strike, and MVC2 every now and then.

For nostalgia, I like to boot up the Sonic games and play around with them. Particularly in Adventure where I can fool around in the adventure fields all day long.
---
R.I.P. fungivore, 2012-2012
#270Superfly Jo JoPosted 12/5/2012 6:15:57 PM
I regularly play games on the NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, PSX, and old PC games like Doom, Diablo, Starcraft, Quake, etc. I don't even consider games from last generation to be old, much less anything from this gen. I swear when somebody calls a game that released in 2008 to be old, it just makes me feel "old"
---
PSN: spacedirtyjerz
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, Zelda: OoT, Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Black Ops II