This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What old @$$ game do you play to this very day.

#61Stanger5150Posted 12/4/2012 9:47:45 PM
BigTlovesBEER posted...
If you regularly play games from the 80s, I legitimately feel bad for you. Especially since you came at TC like "pssst.... lol 4 years haha... i play games made so long ago they weren't even fun!"

You know nothing about the games we play if you feel that way. Do you honestly believe nothing from the NES is fun today? Did games only become fun last gen? Was I missing out in the 80s because all I had were games that "were not fun"? Don't feel bad for us, feel bad for yourself for not being able to open your mind. We play the classics AND all the new stuff you play. More games for us = you're the one missing out.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Assassin's Creed III, Okami HD, Nier, Folklore, Dishonored, Dragon Age II, The Lone Ranger
#62Crimson681Posted 12/4/2012 9:51:54 PM(edited)
I did a replay of Xenogears not too long ago. JRPGs of today are seriously missing any soul. Every time I play classics I get reminded why a lot of newer games just aren't as fun. I've even played some classics that I never played before and found them more fun than a lot of these newer games. There are several SNES RPGs that didn't make it out of Japan, but have been translated to English. Some of these are really good, like Bahamut Lagoon, Romancing Saga III, Seiken densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2), Terranigma. Seiken Densetsu 3 might be the best RPG for the SNES besides Chrono trigger, its that good. And Terranigma blows the doors of Legend of Zelda: Link to the past, and that is one of the best of the series IMO. Terranigma is just that good.
#63CBratePosted 12/4/2012 9:52:10 PM
Transformers (2004, PS2).
---
To all the trolls out there, I have 173 users on my ignore list. Come at me. My list needs to grow...
The latest ignoree: Xander7756
#64Just_DJPosted 12/4/2012 9:53:10 PM
Oldest game I played recently: Final Fantasy VI. Still the best FF.
#65liquidleonx3Posted 12/4/2012 9:53:24 PM
Just played Galaga at our local Buffalo Wilds. Very well kept machine. Got to level 12 I think. I'm a bit tipsy so I can't say for sure lol. It was kinda surreal though, for a few seconds while I played I literally felt like I was back in the 80's at an arcade. The game, lighting, and the noise around me all blended into these few seconds of mental time travel. Never thought I'd get that from just playing Galaga. Life is strange sometimes.
---
{-Official Eight Gates Lee of Everywhere}
I'm waiting for IGN's review. I grew up with it so they're the only reviewers I trust. - HappyUnicorn101
#66TehTrumpCardPosted 12/4/2012 9:54:28 PM
Pokemon Red/Gold/Crystal/Fire Red

I don't own anything old other than those.
---
If everyone was right who'd be the gigalomaniac? "Whose eyes are those eyes?"
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN: TehTrumpCard n ReimuHakure-
#67work_a_holicPosted 12/4/2012 9:58:32 PM
I don't play any really old games regularly. But I do give the Syphon Filters, and Crash Bandicoots a visit every now and then.
#68Brocken_JrPosted 12/4/2012 10:00:43 PM
plenty. the arcade i go to is the 2nd biggest in the us, they have nes, arcade, ps3, and they used to have snes/sega but they got rid of it. they have very old arcade games like haunted castle (castlevania) to mortal kombat 9
---
rtyffa776 asdf tfch776 bhjby uihjk776 swdfe776 kjhy vbfg evbisymru776 dswer gyoeymun776
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9Y_QX4Me4Q
#69Zmapper33Posted 12/4/2012 10:03:48 PM
Probably oldest games I play are old JRPGs like FF or old classic PC games like Deus Ex.
---
Good Site for PC games: http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=feridobu
#70Yaboy125Posted 12/4/2012 10:05:14 PM
I play Ocarina of Time every 2-3 years at most. Also, I can't seem to pull myself away from the Diablo series, even though I do at least play the newest one, so d3 is current for now.
---
Gamefaqs mods have robbed me of my first ammendment rights.