This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just played ni no kuni demo. It was.....horrible.

#71Spiroth_KweehhPosted 12/5/2012 9:52:38 AM
Tiael posted...
Asd202 posted...
Well all I can say is this game didn't sell in Japan for a reason.

Cause most 500,000 bought the DS version which is still the same base story, just the PS3 version continues where it left off.
Most likely they weren't going to double dip.

Still more people bought NNK in Japan than they did Xenoblade, which is one of my favorite RPGs this gen, and NNK still sold around 200,000.

I think I read that LEVEL-5 CEO announced that it has now sold 500.000 PS3 copies in japan, but I'm not 100% sure. It could be for another game.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#72Spiroth_KweehhPosted 12/5/2012 9:59:50 AM(edited)
From Ni no Kuni's wikepedia page, on PS3 version:

"The PlayStation 3 version of Ni no Kuni scored 36 out of 40 from Famitsu. The magazines PSM3 and Computer and Video Games gave the Japanese version of the game a 91% score, as well as the Best RPG award of E3 2012. RPGLand's review awarded Ni no Kuni's PS3 version the site's highest rating of "Legendary" and concluded, "Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch feels like the second coming of 16-bit RPG classics... It touches a deep vein of nostalgia and childlike wonder.". Hino stated in February 2011 that the game has sold over 500,000 units in Japan."

---
#73work_a_holicPosted 12/5/2012 9:58:37 AM
Well what did you expect? It's a JRPG with 12 year olds as the main characters.
#74TiaelPosted 12/5/2012 10:01:04 AM
work_a_holic posted...

So by that ruling, Earthbound, Mother 3, etc. is also horrible.
No.
---
Ni no Kuni - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kUPIPBDA-I
Dragon Quest > Tales of > Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all three. Da Bears!
#75pokemon_45_79_1Posted 12/5/2012 10:01:15 AM
I love the demo especially the world map it can be done who would have thought of it on consoles, take note SE world maps can be done on this gen consoles.

This game already looks better then any FF console game this gen,in my opinion.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#76TiaelPosted 12/5/2012 10:01:54 AM
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...

"The PlayStation 3 version of Ni no Kuni scored 36 out of 40 from Famitsu. The magazines PSM3 and Computer and Video Games gave the Japanese version of the game a 91% score, as well as the Best RPG award of E3 2012. RPGLand's review awarded Ni no Kuni's PS3 version the site's highest rating of "Legendary" and concluded, "Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch feels like the second coming of 16-bit RPG classics... It touches a deep vein of nostalgia and childlike wonder.". Hino stated in February 2011 that the game has sold over 500,000 units in Japan."

He was talking about the DS version, as the PS3 version didn't release until November 2011.
---
#77Spiroth_KweehhPosted 12/5/2012 10:06:01 AM
Tiael posted...
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...

He was talking about the DS version, as the PS3 version didn't release until November 2011.

I just checked, you're right.
What an odd place to put it.
---
#78work_a_holicPosted 12/5/2012 10:11:39 AM
Tiael posted...
work_a_holic posted...

No.

Never played them. Probably glad I didn't.
#79TiaelPosted 12/5/2012 10:12:51 AM
work_a_holic posted...
Tiael posted...
work_a_holic posted...

No.

Never played them. Probably glad I didn't.

Your loss.

Mother 3 has some rather depressing subject matter and is one of my favorite JRPGs on the GBA, and Earthbound was one of my favorite SNES JRPGs, and they're quirky, unique, charming and just fun as hell to play, same as I feel about NNK.
---
#80pokemon_45_79_1Posted 12/5/2012 10:18:22 AM
Hey tc I played the demo and I thought it was great, okay moving on.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.