This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just played ni no kuni demo. It was.....horrible.

#81TyrantLowKeyPosted 12/5/2012 11:15:25 AM
CthulhuDagon posted...
Devilman_Amon posted...
Oh and I laugh when people say the game is only for kids.

I guess no one ever played any Mario games like Super Mario RPG, Pikmin or Zelda games and no one ever played Earthbound, Kirby. Heck Sly, Rachet & Clank, no Sonic or Crash Bandicoot games were ever bought by an adult either and Fat Princess are waaaay too kiddy and God forbid anyone actually bought Costume Quest, Little Big Planet, 3D Dot Game Heroes or is planning on embarrassing their adulthood by getting the South Park RPG....

Probably not. Instead they're all going to be real mature and go back to playing Call of Duty/Battlefield and shooting people while making racial slurs and insulting each other.

lol. True. But that's the way "grown-ups" are supposed to be.
---
All time favs: FFX Int., FFXIII, Shadow Hearts Series, SMT: Nocturne, SMT DS OC (3DS), ToGF, TotA, FFT, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, ARF (Wii), LO (360), TO (PSP)
#82Sheria_KPosted 12/5/2012 11:18:36 AM
Devilman_Amon posted...

I guess no one ever played any Mario games like Super Mario RPG, Pikmin or Zelda games and no one ever played Earthbound, Kirby. Heck Sly, Rachet & Clank, no Sonic or Crash Bandicoot games were ever bought by an adult either and Fat Princess are waaaay too kiddy and God forbid anyone actually bought Costume Quest, Little Big Planet, 3D Dot Game Heroes or is planning on embarrassing their adulthood by getting the South Park RPG....

I love all of those, but to be honest I think i'm thankful they aren't, for the most part, games/genres where I rely heavily on characters and plot.

Funny enough I can count the amount of Jrpgs I flat out dislike on one hand, and Earthbound is one of them, and I own more Jrpgs than I can count so i'm not picky.
---
Currently Playing: Under Defeat HD, Hitman Absolution and Virtues Last Reward.
#83TiaelPosted 12/5/2012 11:19:49 AM
Sheria_K posted...
Devilman_Amon posted...

I love all of those, but to be honest I think i'm thankful they aren't, for the most part, games/genres where I rely heavily on characters and plot.

Funny enough I can count the amount of Jrpgs I flat out dislike on one hand, and Earthbound is one of them, and I own more Jrpgs than I can count so i'm not picky.

What didn't you like about EB?
Other than the scratch and sniff..
---
Ni no Kuni - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kUPIPBDA-I
Dragon Quest > Tales of > Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all three. Da Bears!
#84shampoowarriorPosted 12/5/2012 11:38:19 AM
Well, I tried to download it but, unfortunately, the new PSN store is such a piece of s*** it proved impossible.
---
Official Alice of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior
#85fadecaPosted 12/5/2012 11:55:24 AM
Asd202 posted...
Well all I can say is this game didn't sell in Japan for a reason.

and i guess xenoblade didn't sell well in japan for a reason too?
#86TiaelPosted 12/5/2012 11:56:36 AM
fadeca posted...
Asd202 posted...
Well all I can say is this game didn't sell in Japan for a reason.

and i guess xenoblade didn't sell well in japan for a reason too?

Hell, Xenoblade sold more in NA than it did in JP and EU.
---
Ni no Kuni - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kUPIPBDA-I
Dragon Quest > Tales of > Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all three. Da Bears!
#87AlltraPosted 12/5/2012 11:57:20 AM
Considering it's a non-Final Fantasy / Dragon Quest RPG, 500,000 units is actually a really good sales figure.

It's an RPG lover's RPG. It's not something that's going to get Millions of Sales by selling out like a FFXIII might.
---
Saying something has "Charm" is just a cute way of saying it's lighthearted and kiddy.
#88deprofundis442Posted 12/5/2012 12:25:59 PM
plasticman13 posted...
It's a JRPG. Of course people are going to hype it like crazy here, even if it's crap.

Or hate on it crazy, even if it's good. That happens a lot too.
#89CronoDynePosted 12/5/2012 2:57:25 PM
HolyMcmoly posted...
More like 'It's a JRPG. Of course it's horrible'. Few Japanese developers can write a good story, and even fewer are willing to do something different with the gameplay in a JRPG. It's been the same overly repetitive, turn-based trash for the last 2 decades. Good thing it's releasing next year because ME3 would have trounced it in RPG of the year awards.

I don't know if I should laugh or cry when I read comments so completely devoid of reality. To actually say JRPGs are just the same "turn-based trash" when turnbased JRPGs barely exist anymore in a topic about a game that has an action based battle system is just mind boggling stupid. Not to mention the fact that JRPGs routinely produce the most unique gameplay with each new title, every developer making wildly new battle systems trying to make each game different from the next.

Dear Lord, can you rabid anti JRPG fanboys just sit and think before you post? Just once, please. For the sake of humanity, just use logic once in your life.
---
Goodbye Chewy. You were the best friend I could ask for. Rest in peace, buddy.
#90mgs4fan540(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 3:28:11 PM
CronoDyne posted...
Motsu posted...
plasticman13 posted...
It's a JRPG. Of course people are going to hate it like crazy here, even if it's good.

Honestly. I'm only here because it, for some reason, reached 50+ posts. Can't we just look at the TC's name and not bother with these topics? All he does is spew anti JRPG crap in nearly every topic he posts in. We know full well that this was going to be another ridiculous topic. So why take the bait? All it does is give yet another platform for the inane anti JRPG fools on this site that bash anything from Japan multiple times in multiple topics daily on this board.

Lol wut I don't spew jrpg crap all the time, I love JRPG's. And what's wrong with my username?

I mean seriously, I loved JRPg's but The ni no kuni demo was probably the worst demo I ever played in my life. I should of listened to the people who said the game was bad....
---
JRPG >>>>WPRG