This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Sony is so much better than Nintendo...

#71AalviPosted 12/5/2012 1:39:01 AM
ironbru posted...
Aalvi posted...
ArronAubin posted...
Because they're willing to take risks, rather than play it safe like Nintendo all the time. Enjoy your shovelware casual console. Cheers.

WOAH

You wanna talk about risks, tell me how xbox and ps3 went into motion control gaming AFTER nintendo did it.

Sony did the Eye Toy which is a motion controller way before the Wii was even released.

Though technically true, that is more comparable to kinect. Eye toy wasn't as successful as the wiimote and nunchuk premise. It isn't hard to see that the PS move has a similar look and play style, whereas kinect can at least be compared to eye toy instead of the wiimote.

But then again you do have a point...
---
Check out my backlog: http://backloggery.com/aalvi
PSN ID: Aalvi-S|http://psnprofiles.com/Aalvi-S|3DS FC in Profile
#72SophisticationPosted 12/5/2012 1:42:50 AM
This is an unsuccessful topic...

If I'm more sophisticated than Bill Gates why does he have more money than me? It means nothing... Money. Money is just worthless paper the governments print to make their populous think they are worth something... People, in the eyes of the almighty GOV, are nothing..

So while I am certainly cooler, better looking and more sophisticated than Bill Gates -- I simply do not have enough fake currency to compete with his fake currency.

So why is Nintendo better than Sony you say? Because they have 4 or 5 billion more dollars than they do? Sounds a stupid reason to like someone... cos' they have more money. That's mighty unintelligent.
---
As a sophisticated gamer with a sophisticated taste I am here to represent my fellow, like minded, Sophistocrats -- You're welcome.
#73Stanger5150Posted 12/5/2012 1:43:53 AM
Aalvi posted...
ironbru posted...
Aalvi posted...
ArronAubin posted...
Because they're willing to take risks, rather than play it safe like Nintendo all the time. Enjoy your shovelware casual console. Cheers.

WOAH

You wanna talk about risks, tell me how xbox and ps3 went into motion control gaming AFTER nintendo did it.

Sony did the Eye Toy which is a motion controller way before the Wii was even released.

Though technically true, that is more comparable to kinect. Eye toy wasn't as successful as the wiimote and nunchuk premise. It isn't hard to see that the PS move has a similar look and play style, whereas kinect can at least be compared to eye toy instead of the wiimote.

The Wii Remote has much more in common with the Power Glove than the Eye Toy.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Assassin's Creed III, Okami HD, Nier, Folklore, Dishonored, Dragon Age II, The Lone Ranger
#74AalviPosted 12/5/2012 1:48:38 AM
Stanger5150 posted...
Aalvi posted...
ironbru posted...
Aalvi posted...
ArronAubin posted...

WOAH

The Wii Remote has much more in common with the Power Glove than the Eye Toy.

I meant to say that Wiimote isn't really comparable to Eye toy as well(I rushed the post), also I didn't know about the power glove so that was nice to know.

:)
---
Check out my backlog: http://backloggery.com/aalvi
PSN ID: Aalvi-S|http://psnprofiles.com/Aalvi-S|3DS FC in Profile
#75Gravemaker15Posted 12/5/2012 5:38:15 AM
To all ya'll Sony Fan Boys if your system is so great why is the companies own boat sinking because debt and Nintendo speeding by in their giant yacht
I rather have my Wii then a 20 pound piece of metal since Sony had have Blu-ray on their console.
Nintendo Loyalist peace out !
#76Flare1721Posted 12/5/2012 12:33:04 PM
Aalvi posted...
Flare1721 posted...
Aalvi posted...
ArronAubin posted...

WOAH

Developers made fun of the motion controls and that was one of their reasons until they saw how much money it was making. You see businesses follow the money and don't seem to for the most part back their ideas up, they go with what sells(look at FF games trying the COD model when it clearly is hurting them).

All a gamble and Nintendo took more than one scouting for Sony and Microsoft to follow after in the "safe" path.

All company's have taken their equal share of risks, so don't be so ignorant or belittle Nintendos.

Pff at least when Sony grabbed there chance on motion controls they did it right. Not some crap hardware that can never register. Even with the Motion plus added on to it.

Heres hope to Nintendo actually making decent games for the Wii U even if its still less powerful then a 6-7 year old system.

Yea all you have to do is copy what someone else did and just improve upon it, it's not hard when you have a example sitting right in front of you.

Power=/=quality of a game, there are many DS and PSP games that are better than games on consoles, games which rely on said power to pump out graphics maintain a framerate and a bunch of other things. Just because something looks pretty and runs smooth doesn't make it a good game, it's been proven time and time again that the power of a console in terms of hi-end specs does not spit out 10/10 games.

The people this generation bashing Wii U either starting gaming recently and are fixated on looks(back in the day we weren't worried about looks unless you were a kid battling SNES vs Genesis) or just grasping at straws as to how to justify their console of choices superiority.

Honestly if you love games themselves and the story,gameplay, and experience they provided, you shouldn't discriminate between consoles.

Consoles are consoles, machines to operate and run a game. The Wiis power didn't stop it from getting really good titles and the same applied to PS3/360.

And if you don't care about anything that I said up until now, then please buy a high-end PC and tell me so much about a console being less powerful than 6-7 year machinery before it when the same applies to PS3 and 360.

Why would I buy a high end PC when consoles have so many better games? And I can take it with me alot easier then a desktop.

Also the Wii lacked some serious games. Having said that I thought they would have learned to go "Next Gen" with there system. Meaning it doesnt have to be a power house like Ps3 but a difference from this Gen to next. That way developers have more to use and can get more out of it. So all in all it becomes a better system to work with instead of having limitations Like the Ps3 with Ram.

I didnt say power=better but it should be known that people want an improvement when they buy the next best thing. The Wii U is like the Move ya its an improvement but its already been done.
---
Best Boss Battle Ever Xemnas- KH2, Long Live Mega Man Legends 3!
PSN: Strife1721
#77RPG maniac87Posted 12/5/2012 12:37:04 PM
Sony has the best third party games, while Wii has some of the best first party ones.
It's pretty clear why Nintendo would be in better shape financially.
---
You lack the mustache for full comprehension. (Super Paper Mario)
#78chiefofsb78Posted 12/5/2012 12:43:19 PM
Because Sony is a multi business company and Nintendo is only into gaming but out of all the Sony businesses the gaming department is doing the best from what ive read
#79chiefofsb78Posted 12/5/2012 12:51:23 PM
Gravemaker15 posted...
To all ya'll Sony Fan Boys if your system is so great why is the companies own boat sinking because debt and Nintendo speeding by in their giant yacht
I rather have my Wii then a 20 pound piece of metal since Sony had have Blu-ray on their console.

Far as consoles PS3 is far better and always will be Nintendo consoles just sell more aimed at kids and are cheaper that is it nothing more i rather have a PS3 that play the best games best looking graphics best online experience just best OVERALL thats what matters and thats what people mean when they say PS3 is better not sales
#80ironbruPosted 12/5/2012 5:55:26 PM

Probably because Nintendo only makes video games and consoles while Sony have an electronic divisions which make pretty much every different type of electronic products under the sun, film division, games division, music division, phone division and some others too. The games division is one a the few that are making a profit for them at the moment.

Sony's game division is actually doing better than Nintendo's as they are making a profit (though the company as a whole isn't) while Nintendo has posted a loss (of about US$1 billion I think it was this year) for the second year in a row. This is understandable though since they have developed and released 2 new consoles in this time with a revision to the Wii (called the Wii Mini) being released soon too.
---
Current Playing: Front Mission 4 (I finally imported a USA PS2), Forza Motorsport and Wipeout Series.